Thread: *Got one* WTB: Metal Trunk (oem or not) that will fit an NA

Default *Got one* WTB: Metal Trunk (oem or not) that will fit an NA

I’m looking for a sheet metal trunk that will bolt up at the stock location and close without too much fuss.

Color, condition, don’t really matter. If it’s dented and rusty that’s perfectly acceptable. I’d rather find one in bad shape so when I rust it on purpose I won’t feel so bad.

I’m hoping someone might have one on a parts car, or an old one they swapped out and have lying around.

I’m intending to rust it a bit, then seal it. I’ve always been a fan of the hoodride/ratrod style and haven’t seen it done too often around the metroplex.

Depending on the condition, I might just sand it down to the metal and apply some gun bluing paste, I think that would look pretty interesting.

I’ve found a couple trunks online and I imagine I can find them at junkyards but I haven’t had too much time to search a lot. I’ve heard there is a pretty decent miata junkyard out west a little ways but they have a tendency to charge quite a bit for older panels. Just thought I would look locally first. I could pick it up wherever or meet whenever. I should be able to come out to a few Wednesday nights every now and then that my schedule’s cleared a bit. I’ll also be on the Galaxy cruise if he ever makes up his mind on the route :).

Any help is much appreciated.

-David

-edit-

Thanks for the tip. Have one on the way. Mod please delete/remove. Thank you.
    Last edited by mk_slayr; 02-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Check car-part.com also gary at track dog might have a red one.

Default Original 92 trunk lid

I have a red 92 trunk lid with hail damage you can get cheap. If they can rat rod a fiberglass car to rust it can be done with aluminum.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon