Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado sirens went off here...

Default Tornado sirens went off here...

...but it doesn't look bad here in North Dallas - just a shitload of rain so far. I've heard it's bad heading into Plano and points east. Batten down the hatches!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Going off in McKinney now.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Hitting my house starting 3 minutes ago. Yay rain for my lawn!

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Tornado sirens were on 15 minutes ago... probably the same ones you heard rick

Rain hit 5 minutes ago, and has since stopped.

Miata is under the carport.

Lancer is in the parents driveway, pray for no hail >_<

Wind/rain/lightning Just hit here, but no sirens. Watching the neighbors flag pole, the wind just charged directions. Strange.

I looked at the NOAA site and saw the tornado warning pop up for DFW Airport and hollered at the wife. We turned on the TV and it was a good 2 minutes before Channel 5 pulled their head out and started talking about the tornado warning.

It went south of Lewisville. They sounded the sirens here but only as a precaution. The bad parts of the storm split and went north/south of us. Whew.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

All clear on the Western front.

Err...no more bad weather in the Lewisville area.
    '95 NA8 5SPD

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Watching the neighbors flag pole...
    Put the binoculars down and step away from the window... perv.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

heard them in the richardson/garland area. first thing said "we better get some beer before it gets bad"
    Its the fastest who gets paid... and the fastest.. .who gets LAID!

It hit hard when I was at the Grapevine Hooters around 9:20 last night... I ran for my van and got pelted with pea-sized hail (I had to go to work).

It cleared up by the time I got there around 9:45.

Friend in Bedford has his chimney ripped off, though.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Put the binoculars down and step away from the window... perv.
    Hey, I'll try anything to wipe away the mental image of your nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hey, I'll try anything to wipe away the mental image of your nuts.
    The tornado warning track went just south of our house in Carrolton/Lewisville. The winds blew in but not near as bad as I was expecting, heavy rain for about 20 minutes then it was gone. Toward the end there was some small hail but not enough to do any damage.

I was at work on Main st in Grapevine. A few booms of thunder where all I heard. The lights flickered and it shut down the computers for a second. That was enough to send all the guests into a cell phone frenzy. I wanted to tell them, "if you are going to die, you're going to die. Can I please get your desert order." Several people at one table all had weather dialed up on their phones. One guy could see "bow echos" or some nonsense, from a radar screen that was zoomed out to include all of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Several people at one table all had weather dialed up on their phones. One guy could see "bow echos" or some nonsense, from a radar screen that was zoomed out to include all of Texas.
    Nice. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Maybe it was a meteorologist's convention?

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Maybe it was a meteorologist's convention?
    Nope, several of them had The scooter store logos on their shirts. Must have been a group of VPs because they spent a decent chunk.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Nope, several of them had The scooter store logos on their shirts. Must have been a group of VPs because they spent a decent chunk.
    Must have been a long ride home in that storm.

My had just returned from a funeral in Arkansas last night, driving the Miata and minutes before the front came through. I was outside in the driveway trying to cover it up to protect it from hail and she starts screaming that the wind sounded like a train. Sure enough, a tornado took off some roofs about 3 miles north of us. The news interviewed an eyewitness who said he saw the funnel cloud, but I didn't see it and have always wondered how you see a tornado in the dark anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    ... have always wondered how you see a tornado in the dark anyway?
    Generally, they're illuminated by the transformer flashes as transformers are ripped from poles and from the ground...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast