Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo 93 LE

Blog Entries

I think all the detectives jobs are safe. I believe that is the turbo our own OZMDD is selling! http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=13954
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sorry about all your troubles man.... that all sucks....

well I looked at the title of was owned by luckies car and truck repair waxahachi tx.I think I am going to call them and see what the know about the car.

Regarding your inability to shift into reverse, check out this thread: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=318173

As far as the seller giving you the runaround about whose fault it is that he thought it had a turbo...in a word, that's not your problem. Small claims court fee in Dallas county is minimal, something like $10.

Is he listed on the title as the owner? Or is it Lucky's Car Repair? I'd get as much info on him as possible, like going to www.dallascad.org enter his address and see if he is the homeowner of the address where you made the purchase, or if he is a renter. You mentioned he had other vehicles for sale on craigslist? Do a search using his phone # and see if he is selling used cars from this address.

Do these things, then get back here with results.

Okay, just for grins I went ahead and checked a few things out.

"Joe"'s phone number is a cell phone.
    "Joe" does not own the home from which he sells cars (and motorcycles)
    It would appear that "Joe" is most likely renting at 2711 N Masters Dr., since the owner on record with dallascad.org is a
    GLADYS ARTIGA
    10645 CRADLEROCK DR
    DALLAS, TEXAS 75217

and Gladys doesn't claim a homestead exemption on this particular property.

I know that an individual can sell only so many cars a year (3 - 5?, not sure) in Texas before he has to be licensed as a used car dealer. At that point all kinds of regulations kick in, from being bonded to having an offical lot for vehicle sales.

On a wild guess that "Joe" doesn't have a license for selling motor vehicles from this address, I would think that a few certified letters, or threat thereof, to the DMV, as well as Gladys (for running an unlicensed used car lot in a residential neighborhood) might result in a response to your concerns.

Andy, you rock. I hope this helps super skittles. Even if he doesn't get any monetary help, I hope he can make this guys life hell due to dealer fees, etc.

That thread made me remember reading it before. Hope it's an easy fix.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Wow that does suck.

Excluding the missing turbo, it reminds me of an FC RX-7 my sister got conned into. 2 weeks later it needed a clutch, flywheel, and some other things. 1 month later the good old apex seals were out, ftw.

At least the Miata is cheaper to fix.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

Luckies car repairs is on the title im going to call in the mornign to see what I can find out.
    Has anybody else gone through any sort of court in dallas?
    i dont want to waste money on something that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by superskittles View Post
    Luckies car repairs is on the title im going to call in the mornign to see what I can find out.
    Has anybody else gone through any sort of court in dallas?
    i dont want to waste money on something that will never happen.
    Get all your ducks in a row and with the power of persuasion, you won't have to go to court.

Blog Entries

Turbot Miata? Smells fishy.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Ok so I called luckies.....
    He said that they replaced the engine with a used one.....

and this car keeps getting better everyday.

talked to "joe"
    after threatening with the legal system he said he will give me $500 cash back for the missing turbo.

Last edited by mk2tmr2; 02-26-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Do you have any info on the swapped motor?

Why was it swapped?
    How many miles on the replacement?
    Who did the work?

I'd tell "Joe" I want him to either buy the car back or give me more than $500 for bold-faced lying about pretty much everything on the car.
    +1
    Isn't superskittles already out $300 to find out it needs major repairs? I'd be sending a certified letter to "Joe" stating my intention to file suit against him under the
    Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act seeking treble punitive damages, with a cc to his landlord (for allowing a used car lot operation on her property) and the DMV licensing dept.

I went by and got the parts from the mechanic and can see that they are all clearly messed up. I know he isnt scamming me.

the 300 I payed his is the initial check and goes towards any repairs. the repairs cost $2100 with a one year warranty.

I spent 3200 on the car. so joe giving me 500 back means it is a $2700 car.

Should I continue to demand more?

I spent 3200 on the car.
    the repairs cost $2100.
    so joe giving me 500 back
    means it is a $2700 car.
    Looks to me you got a $4800 Miata, not including the headache.

I'm no mathemagician but I'm coming up with the same number as Rogue.

I've already said what I would do.

talked to "joe"
    after threatening with the legal system he said he will give me $500 cash back for the missing turbo.
    Yeah, but what about the $2100 in transmission work? I'd push for as much of that as I could...

...and +1 for what Andy said about getting all your ducks in a row with certified letters and such. I'd avoid court unless it's absolutely the last option - that would be a huge PITA, IMO.

Also... brush up on yer math skillz... I come up with $4800.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

How is there $2100 in tranny work? I used one should be had cheaper than that including install.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast