Thread: How Much Better Is The 01-05 Headlights?

Default How Much Better Is The 01-05 Headlights?

Anyone know if the 01-05 headlight is any better than the one on the 99-00? I am not sure if I am getting older or the headlight on my 99 is really sXcks! Before any of you smart guys start taking over this thread, I have to say my age has something to do with the light.
    Gabriel

01-05 have projector's in them which are quite a bit better than the reflector style the 99-00 have.

aalvarez04, albeit a ricer, is correct.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

Aren't we all ricers..... at least that's how we all started !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Nope ya darn kids! Only rice I ever had was with that Oriental food!

Gab you are way 2 cheap to buy all the parts to convert your '99 to the '01-'05 headlights and bumper, just go get some auxiliary driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Only rice I ever had was with that Oriental food!
    They're not rugs!

POS, I hate to say this, but you read me like a book! In my moment of (TCB) weakness I was seduced by the fact that Gary has all the parts needed to do the conversion form his part car!

POS, any suggestion on the driving light? PIAA, CATZ etc.?
    Gabriel

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I happen to have a pair of clear rectangular driving lights I'd let go for cheap. Not sure of the brand. PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Bite your toung. I was never a ricer.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I happen to have a pair of clear rectangular driving lights I'd let go for cheap. Not sure of the brand. PM me if you're interested.
    PM sent.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Anyone know if the 01-05 headlight is any better than the one on the 99-00? I am not sure if I am getting older or the headlight on my 99 is really sXcks! Before any of you smart guys start taking over this thread, I have to say my age has something to do with the light.
    I suggest polish the head lights first & up date bulbs with better white light. I did this w/car in Russia that we have & it made a big diffeance. You could add HID lights but you need spend big $ for good ones & most do not meet DOT standards. FYI. Good luck.

I have PIAA and am extremely satisfied, they were one of the few things that survived me being pushed into the car in front of me a while back and the light output is amazing. They certainly ain't cheap and if you can look at cheap ones and say they look alright then cheap ones will work for you, I personally hate the look of all the cheap ones I have seen.
    John O.
    94R