Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *^$)#%$@&*#$* Day

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Alan. That's two people I know personally that were laid off this week.
    Iain,
    I appreciate the well wishes. I am in a great place. I have a wife that works, fully suppports me, kidless, very low debt and I am not scared to work at anything to bring in a paycheck. There are jobs out there. I have several leads and I know that in a small amount of time, I will be gainfully employed. To that end, I will be at the TDE/Apex event in May instructing. Life is still good!!!! Our industry was not necessarily hit by the economy. It was an over indulgence of representatives vs. billion dollar products. No more billion dollar products due to lack of products in pipeline means they do not need sales force. Hey it happens. I will come out of this better than I left!! I will just keep my head up high and I will look to start my own business. We will see. On the other hand, I have a 'honey do' list the length of my miata. That will definitely keep me busy.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Another round of layoffs.

Sometimes being in IT sucks. I knew yesterday that two of my friends/co-workers were getting canned today and could not say anything to them.
    I ran systems support for an office of 200 for a few years. I would usually get in to the office before 7 each morning to make sure everything was running smoothly before most of the cubicals started filling up. There was nothing I hated more than when I got in to find a voice mail from the big boss man asking me to disable network IDs for users A, B, and C by 7am. I knew what was coming, and had to play dumb when they came to me telling me that there was something wrong with their ID.

We've been affected, my wife got laid off 3 weeks ago. Hopefully my Government job will make it through the trough times.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    There was nothing I hated more than when I got in to find a voice mail from the big boss man asking me to disable network IDs for users A, B, and C by 7am. I knew what was coming, and had to play dumb when they came to me telling me that there was something wrong with their ID.
    I worked for a company that did that. One day I could not logon so I just went to the "big" boss. I told him that I enjoyed working for them and would be willing to come back after thinks picked up. He looked at me with a puzzled, WFT look, then he relized what I was talking about. I had not been fired, I was moving offices.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Iain,
    I appreciate the well wishes. I am in a great place. I have a wife that works, fully suppports me, kidless, very low debt and I am not scared to work at anything to bring in a paycheck. There are jobs out there. I have several leads and I know that in a small amount of time, I will be gainfully employed. To that end, I will be at the TDE/Apex event in May instructing. Life is still good!!!! Our industry was not necessarily hit by the economy. It was an over indulgence of representatives vs. billion dollar products. No more billion dollar products due to lack of products in pipeline means they do not need sales force. Hey it happens. I will come out of this better than I left!! I will just keep my head up high and I will look to start my own business. We will see. On the other hand, I have a 'honey do' list the length of my miata. That will definitely keep me busy.
    Alan

That's a great attitude, I wish I had an outlook on life like that some days!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    That's a great attitude, I wish I had an outlook on life like that some days!
    Thanks!! I can not say that I am one of those people that can simply say "It is going to be a great day", but I do know that I can control most of the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12