Thread: Any golfers here.

Question Any golfers here.

Are there any golfers here? I'm working with a couple of guys on a marketing concept. You can check it out at http://www.birdiepass.com. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Must... resist.... urge to say "obviously you are not a golfer."
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    LOL

Obviously, I'm not a golfer, but I bet my golfing buddies would eat that up - looks like a great idea to me.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 02-27-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I am a person who owns golf clubs and pays money to get on the course and lose balls. Does that constitute "golfer" in your book?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Dallas Municipal Courses already do this.......

Other than that, great concept

(to elaborate you buy a card for i think 6 rounds of golf, and get 2 free)

Golf? Ewww....

If I'm going to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a sport, I need an adrenaline rush.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Golf? Ewww....

If I'm going to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a sport, I need an adrenaline rush.
    It's more of a relaxation thing... I play golf when I need to be calm (ish), and I have autocross, RC flying, and Airsoft for my adrenaline rushes
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

It is only a sport if you can die doing it. If not it is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Plenty of people have died playing golf
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Golf? Ewww....

You don't know what your missing and you don't have to spend a lot of money to play golf.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Dallas Municipal Courses already do this.......

Other than that, great concept

(to elaborate you buy a card for i think 6 rounds of golf, and get 2 free)
    True, but there are other Miata sites too , besides their card is only good for their sites. Our concept is for all courses that we can get on-line. Many of the clubs that offer simular cards are strictly for their course and their sister sites.

We hope our concept will be attactive to the smaller courses that don't have the marketing power that the bigger companys have. We are offering a marketing concept that won't cost them any out-of-pocket expense, infact they should be able to profit from this.

um, no I'm not. What are you trying to say??
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I wasn't trying to say anything man, It's just a funny quote from big lebowski and it's all I could think of when hearing golf, because it fit with your question, sorry to have nothing on topic to say.

Best thing I can think of regarding you idea is that there is no reason why courses or clubs that have similar ideas already implemented wouldn't want to use yours also because they woudn't be mutually exclusive, and could only bring them more business. You probably already realized that but that's a good argument for getting courses support if you need it. There I was able to say something useful.
    John O.
    94R

Turbo Duane, I wasn't trying to be an ass... i notice my post kinda sounds it. It truly depends on how many courses you can get signed up.....

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Golf is a sport, then.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

There are a few cards like this around the area. You may still have a good shot though as long as you can really get some substantial discounts on some higher end courses. Many lower/middle range courses already have their own discounts/specials to keep people coming and stay open. I.E. I just played an Eagle golf course in Frisco (Plantation) yesterday, it was country club caliber condition and was only $19 incl everything after 1 PM.

Eagle golf has a card
    Dallas Muni
    Texasgolftix.com

etc
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Will your membership card be good for discounts on pro shop merchandise as well?

Will your partners honor your discount in addition to any other special offers they may have available?

Since your site doesn't show a partner list yet, I'm guessing it is because you are still signing them up and want to make a bigger impact by listing them all at once. With that in mind, I wouldn't be showing the membership price of $100 just yet until I actually had a substantial list of available courses. Kind of seems like putting the cart before the horse to me; maybe you've got a different take on it?

All good comments guys, keep them coming, and thanks for your input.

I would suspect that your hardest part of this venture would be in selling them to the clubs. You need someone very experienced in outside sales that can get clubs to sign on the dotted line.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I would suspect that your hardest part of this venture would be in selling them to the clubs. You need someone very experienced in outside sales that can get clubs to sign on the dotted line.
    I think you are right on the money. I've got two partners that are both on the selling side. One is currently a banker, but used to be a car salesman, then a finance guy. He's a pretty strong closer, but time will tell. The other option is if the site's traffic grows, that should make it an easier sale. Right now, It's a tough sale.