Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any local shops carry roll bars??

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    ...roll bars dont whistle...do they??
    Mine whistles Dixie every now and then...
    That's not the rollbar - that's the wind whistling through the holes in your floorboard. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    That's not the rollbar - that's the wind whistling through the holes in your floorboard. :P
    He shoots, he scores!

^hmmm...how tall are you? Im 6'2" & I have to sit all the way back, the seat comes up almost to the middle of my head, I think. Are the roll bars that low??
    Unfortunately, there isn't much headroom for "normal" sized people in a Miata. Any bar that fits under the top is going to be too short for some people, no matter what you do.

Secondly, overall height is only one part of the equation. The other part is inseam length. For example, lugnutjon is about 6'1", with a 34" inseam. I'm 5'11", with a 30" inseam. Guess who sits 2" lower in the car? lugnutjon actually does (even though he's 2" taller than I am), because he's got the shorter torso length... but he has to have the seat a lot further back because his legs are much longer than mine.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

[quote="altiain"]
    ^ For example, lugnutjon is about 6'1", with a 34" inseam. I'm 5'11", with a 30" inseam.
    Iain, you are WAY too familiar with lugnutjon.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Hey Gents,

We do sell the Hard Dog roll bars and are offering free shipping as well. Give me a call as we can address the sales tax issue. I do have a Hard Dog, Hard Core Double D in stock, I bought it to put on my M1 car, but will sell if you are interested and order me another.
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ^ For example, lugnutjon is about 6'1", with a 34" inseam. I'm 5'11", with a 30" inseam.
    Iain, you are WAY too familiar with lugnutjon.
    I can't help it - I'm an engineer. I was curious why he was taller than I was, but sat lower in the car than I did. It's not like I actually measured his inseam - I just asked him what it was. :P

Besides, I've only known the guy for fourteen years or so.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    Hey Gents,

We do sell the Hard Dog roll bars and are offering free shipping as well. Give me a call as we can address the sales tax issue. I do have a Hard Dog, Hard Core Double D in stock, I bought it to put on my M1 car, but will sell if you are interested and order me another.
    There you go! Score!

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    ...I bought it to put on my M1 car, but will sell if you are interested and order me another.
    Welcome to the board, Track Dog!

What's this about an M1? Tired of getting the garage queen dirty so you bought an older one? :P
    Iain

I like that, garage queen! It does feel that way sometimes, the beatch seems to run your life. I bought an M1 so I would be able to continue to do R & D on both models. I plan on leaving the M1 normally aspirated except for packaging of a component or something. The other plan is to make this more of my track car save the beast for when I need an adrenalin rush!
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Sounds like fun, Gary.
    Iain

^hmmm...how tall are you? Im 6'2" & I have to sit all the way back, the seat comes up almost to the middle of my head, I think. Are the roll bars that low??
    Im 6'2 also I have a 34 inseem. The roll bar is over my head, but remember it has to fit under the top, so it is lower than that.

Treib how much did track dog charge for the install and did they do a good job?

Rollbar installs aren't too difficult if you want to tackle it yourself. There are a few of us that have installed our own that can lend some expertise.

I put a Frenzy 4 point roll bar on mine... the hardest part was drilling holes to put the sandwich plates in.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Actually, I bought my roll bar from Miata Technologies... also, I installed it myself. Knowing that TrackDog has a good reputation, I can only believe that they would do a great job. I don't really know...

id do it for a price (not too much $$$, we could work somehting out) pm me
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Id be willing to help for a few slices of pizza. I also have a footlong drillbit, that makes the install much easier.

Yeah, if we have a post-holiday tech day, I'm sure you could get the bar installed for the cost of a pizza and a six-pack or two. There are enough of us here who have installed them ourselves (I did mine myself, going on three years ago, and I've helped with a couple of other installs since then).
    Iain

well, it should go pretty quickly if more than one person go for it, i did mine in 2 hrs with chris only helping for a min, setting the bar in the car with me and helping line up the seatbelt tower bolts.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast