Thread: Eagles Canyon open track April 4th

Driver

Default Eagles Canyon open track April 4th

Another one coming up. $150 for a lot of seat time and you might get altiain as your screaming ballast!

Tempting but not this time. Maybe if I had that Cosworth Supercharger, but since I don't, not really interested in pointing that much.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Another one coming up. $150 for a lot of seat time and you might get altiain as your screaming ballast!
    Altiain will be in Austin at Harris Hill Road that weekend. Maybe next time!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Is that $150 you mentioned only if you are a member or is that the guest fee. I don't have 3 grand...
    John O.
    94R

Guest. Members have better rates than that. Eagle's Canyon events tend to be the same as most other tracks at $150 for two hours seat time. MSR is a bit more but better amenities and track condition. However, you've lost your virginity to Laguna Seca so maybe all tracks are going to be a disappointment for you.

Yea but you notice I'm already looking at another track day 3 days after I get back into town, hehe you could say I enjoyed myself. I'll probably be down for $150 for 2 hours seat time, who is the member that we go with as guests? or does open track day mean we don't need to know a member?
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-24-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    John O.
    94R

Open. You just sign up.

Dunno what your budget is but you definitely want to sign of for the Track Dog event May 22nd. It's a bit more cost but will be very fun and competitive since the track is more challenging and the field is more equally balanced being Miata only. ECR is fun but you gotta watch your mirrors alot. 400+ hp cars like to play out there.

Driver

Yup, just sign up and you'll get an instructor with you for at least a while (unless you stink).

There's no classroom between sessions like at an Apex or TDE event, but the instruction is just as good.

When I went out last month there were 11 instructor cars and 22 student cars split up between 3 run groups. So basically a 2.5 mile track with 10-11 cars on it for each session. No trains and plenty of time to work on your own line. Well in the intermediate/advanced run group at least. I'm not sure how smoothly the novice group ran, but when I was watching I didn't see any trains or anything.

Here's the video with instruction from altiain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP3V2c5hKg

Point me to more info for the TDR event, I am definitly interested. I might consider the ECR one as well but probably won't be able to afford it so soon. I need to get some more parting done on my salvage car first.

Edit I found the TDR thread.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-24-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    John O.
    94R

Make sure your pads are fat and your brake fluid fresh JT. That track is hard on brakes. First time I experienced brake fade was there.

My pads are fat, or were atleast I haven't checked them after Laguna, the fluid is an unknown so I may want to change it, but I was happy with my braking.
    John O.
    94R

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Make sure your pads are fat and your brake fluid fresh JT. That track is hard on brakes. First time I experienced brake fade was there.
    I killed about 1/3 a set of Ferodo DS2500's out there in one day. 3500# car FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Yup, just sign up and you'll get an instructor with you for at least a while (unless you stink).

There's no classroom between sessions like at an Apex or TDE event, but the instruction is just as good.

When I went out last month there were 11 instructor cars and 22 student cars split up between 3 run groups. So basically a 2.5 mile track with 10-11 cars on it for each session. No trains and plenty of time to work on your own line. Well in the intermediate/advanced run group at least. I'm not sure how smoothly the novice group ran, but when I was watching I didn't see any trains or anything.

Here's the video with instruction from altiain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP3V2c5hKg
    Wow, the surface of that track really went to shit.

Yea MSR is smoother than ECR.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Wow, the surface of that track really went to shit.
    It's actually in better shape than it was last fall. But yeah, it's still rougher than MSR. Similar to Hallett.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    It's actually in better shape than it was last fall. But yeah, it's still rougher than MSR. Similar to Hallett.
    Oh great, I'm going to Hallet with the Kansas City BMW CCA in July. Hot and bumpy, what a combo!

The good thing about Hallett is that it's rough in the turns, so you'll know whether you're driving the correct line or not.

Anybody going to this event this weekend?