Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily driver tires

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    FYI- I inquired about Costco mounting my new Sumitomo's. They informed that they no longer work on tires not specifically purchased at Costco. Something about too many customers...
    WTF?! That sucks.

(Which Costco?)

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    FYI- I inquired about Costco mounting my new Sumitomo's. They informed that they no longer work on tires not specifically purchased at Costco. Something about too many customers...
    WTF?! That sucks.

(Which Costco?)
    I called the one in s. Arl., but the policy seemed to be 'world-wide.'
    good luck.

Hmmmm Im starting to look for tires too. No auto x for me. Just a good set of tires that have good performance and good reliability. Do you guys think the Sumis are the best on the market? Those HTRZ's are cool looking. Do they wear well? Oh one other thing. How wide can I go with the stock 5.5 rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1
    Those HTRZ's are cool looking. Do they wear well?

Oh one other thing. How wide can I go with the stock 5.5 rims?
    Looks like the HTR Z IIs are not available in a 14 size. But the HTR 200 is available in a 14" tire!

As far as 14" tires go I have 185's on the POS currently and have run 3 sets of Azenis @ 195 wide! Ran 205's R compounds for autocross! No problems with any of them!

Although I like those Guardians and maybe even Arizonians, I was curious if anyone had an opinion on falken ziexs?
    What? Me worry?

I have been running the Parada Spec IIs for a while now and I like them. But frankly after the Nitto NT450s, I could be running on coal and like it.

205/45/16
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I leaned hard toward the Parada Spec IIs, but I wound up getting some Hankook K106s, mainly due to a very very low price in 205/45-16. They have surprised me. They're just a touch squirmy when bone cold, but once they pick up a little heat (probably 85-90 degrees tire temp), they feel great. They also run cooler - never seen them over 110 - than any tire I've run on the street.

As far as Falken Ziex... Don't know, but I've never met a Falken I didn't like.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Kumho Ecsta 711's

I've got them on both Sunny and Dimples. Can't beat them for the price. They are a cheap ($46 for 195/50-15's), great in the rain, and communicative (is that a word?)! There's not a lot of grip, but they are VERY predictable which makes them a LOT of fun on the street. They aren't a serious track tire, although I'll use them there, just to play....... RA-1's or V700's if I want to get serious :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I notice no one ever runs Pirellis or even mentions them. I have used them on several small cars in the past, like the old MX6 and Protege. I was always pretty happy. Probably more of a daily driver tire, than ultimate performance. They were inexpensive from Sam's in Miata like sizes. I think I used P600's. Any comments?

Not sure what happened to Pirelli, but they don't seem to excel at longevity, grip, or comfort, and the last set I bought were miserable on all 3 counts. I used to like them, too.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12