Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS autocross event #2, 4/25/2009, Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot

Good to be out! Hopefully I'll pick out some tires in the next week or so and get back out again soon! Tell someone to hurry up and get the 215/45-16 rs3 in stock for me!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Thanks so much to everyone that helped out. I would name names, but someone always gets left out. You all know who you were and you all are responsible for making it all go so well. It was a fun event and I look forward to the next one. Thanks, again, everyone.

Default It was mostly Jimmy's fault

that we had such a great time today!
    Last edited by wrx74; 04-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Good times yesterday.

Last and best run video---quality is not perfect, was working with a new mount and used the camera's zoom. I need to work on the placment of the camera, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6leqRfKi0k
    Last edited by Brad; 04-26-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Great event! The course was a lot of fun, the weather was great (especially the morning shower for Cosmos , and the event ran really smoothly. Kudos to jrj512 and crew for a really well run event.

Thanks again to mark52 for letting me co-drive. I love driving that car! Unfortunately I couldn't quite stick my fastest run, and General Default edged me out for FTD. Again.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Great time, event ran very smoothly. Even the weather gave us a break (except when cosmo ran). Thanks to all the people that made this event such a success!
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Great event! Hats off to the course designer! If only we could get other clubs to have courses that flowed that well...
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Just a reminder that the next NTAXS event will be on Saturday, May 30th at Mineral Wells Airport, which is by far the largest site. I will start a new thread for this as we get closer to the date.

I am in the middle of shoring up dates and venues for the final three events of the season (after a summer break) and I will post them once they are confirmed.

That was a ton of fun. Special thanks to Sammm for the ride in the merlot mobile. It was a smooth event too. Good job to the peeps in charge.

91 Civic Si Daily Beater

Driver

Conecam RULES!

All I got was a couple crappy screen cams of some fireball action:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex View Post
    Nice!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex View Post
    Cool Vid!

Your were flying on Saturday apex2apex! Nice driving!

Hey everyone here is the recap I posted up on a few other sites. (S2ki, golfmkv etc...)

Hey everyone, thanks for the great event. Here is the recap I posted up on our track/autocross section at golfmkv.com Video links are on the bottom.

I normally run NSTX in my 08 GTI. My mods are Bilstein Struts, Eibach Springs, APR Rear Sway Bar, EVOMS CAI, APR Stage one ECU tune, Enkei RS7 wheels w/RE01-Rs

here is the recap I posted up

Well had another autocross this weekend. This time with the North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS). Car classing is done via engine size, with multipliers for induction and rotary. Or if you are on race comps you are in an R class.

I ran class 2 with the Evos, RX8s etc...

My personal goal for this event was to really work on getting to know the cars dimensions, and work on getting close to cones.

The course also offered a few new challenges as I was not used to going into third gear in an autocross. I normally shuffle steer but now after having problems with finding DSG paddles I am going to work on not shuffling as much.

It was my favorite event I have done so far, and I can not wait for the next one at that site.

My best time was a 63.661 which put me 9/22. However, I had one time of 61.843+1 where I hit a slalom cone. Had I not hit that cone and managed to be below 63 then I would have been all the way up to 4th place.

Also I was surprised but after 4 consecutive runs I could definitely feel my breaks fade especially on the last turn on my 8th run. I thought they would hold up better then that, but I suppose I may need Hawks just for autocross.

Here are the videos
    Runs 2-4
    Runs 5-8

So I asked this in another thread, but didn't really get any responses...

What video editing software are you guys using? My camera didn't come with any, and Windows Movie Maker doesn't want ot play nice with the .avi files my camera generates. I'd like to find some video editing software (preferably free) that I can use to generate run videos.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I use the Flipshare software that came with my Flip Mino HD camera. However, I will probably get imovie soon. As it goes for free software, I wish I could help out on that, but I am afraid I do not know of any.

I use the free software that comes with my camcorders for cutting. For PIP, I use Magix, which is not free.

Iain, I can give u the software from my camcorder next time I see u.
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

Driver

VirtualDub.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    VirtualDub.
    Thanks Sean. I'll give that a look when I get home tonight. BTW, don't you have something that will overlay Max Q data over video as well?
    Iain

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast