Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galaxy Drive-In Meet&Cruise

Don't they show the movies "rain or shine"?? I know...nobody has to say it...

So far it's only a 20% chance for Saturday night...80% on Sunday...

As George Carlin would say about the weather: Dark followed by scattered light.
    Last edited by cArAzzIE; 04-09-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Howdy, I'm Lance and my wife is Yolanda and we are looking forward to meeting. We'll be in a '01 red Miata hopefully with the top down.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Saturday
    Partly sunny. Isolated showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph becoming 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain less than 20 percent.

Saturday Night
    Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms possible in the evening...but more likely after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Sounds like we're safe!
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

I'm in for this. Carazzie is out, unless something changes between now and then.

Saw this on Galaxy's main page for those who haven't visited it.

*** READ THIS!! ***
    Local police are writing tickets to drivers that take Exit #255 from southbound I-45 and U-turn on the exit ramp back to the drive-in !!

If you are traveling from the north, instead take exit #258 in Palmer and continue south on the service road approximately 2 more miles to the drive-in entrance.

Looks like the Hannah Montana movie will be playing!!!

Remember, just because you bring a cooler doesn't mean you can't support their snack bar.

Gonna have to miss the cruise but should be able to meet up at Rockett and go to Galaxy from there.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 04-11-2009 at 06:13 AM.
    John O.
    94R

Wow, thanks for the news Nails. We'll sti k to the service road when we reach 45
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

won't be able to make this run. I came down with something yesterday and am just not up to it.

Was great company, weather, and route. Thanks MR626!

Nice meeting Lance, Yolanda, and Desmond too!

Yep and the first movie was even good too, "Fast and the Furious" the second one "Second House on the Left" was hilariously bad.
    John O.
    94R

That you guys for joining in. Yea that second movie was just awful in every possible way.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

What a great Saturday! Perfectly planned and paced. It was great to meet some of the group and we really need to do it again.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Our group at the Rockett Cafe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought the other picture was funnier.
    John O.
    94R

Ok here's the other one. Juano Tejano thought the camera was aimed a little low so he squatted a bit.

However, with his eyes closed, I think he was trying to achieve Nirvana through trancendental meditation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep yep, It's hard to tell but I was actually starting to fly just a little bit out of sheer concentration. The smirk is just because I of how funny I think I am.
    John O.
    94R

Sorry I had to miss it. I felt like hammered dog crap on Saturday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12