Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HHR May 8th (Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Heck no - I'll be there
    You got that hot NC right? Can I get a ride one of the sessions? I've never been in a NC and I've heard you're pretty quick.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    You got that hot NC right? Can I get a ride one of the sessions? I've never been in a NC and I've heard you're pretty quick.

Chris
    Some people think I am :) You're welcome to grab a ride anytime.

Awesome. I'll come find you Friday.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Just a quick note to everyone who is attending:

Harris Hill Road does not have fuel available on site. The nearest fuel station is a couple of miles up the road near the town of Kyle. If you will need fuel during the course of the event, you may want to bring extra with you.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Just a quick note to everyone who is attending:

Harris Hill Road does not have fuel available on site. The nearest fuel station is a couple of miles up the road near the town of Kyle. If you will need fuel during the course of the event, you may want to bring extra with you.
    Good seeing you again! How was your student on the last session - hopefully I didn't mess him up too much for ya.

Awesome. I'll come find you Friday.

Chris

Hope you enjoyed the ride and had a good time - was great seeing y'all out there!

Good seeing you again! How was your student on the last session - hopefully I didn't mess him up too much for ya.
    Good seeing you again as well!

Actually I was impressed at how much he had progressed during those two sessions with you. Glad you could help out!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hope you enjoyed the ride and had a good time - was great seeing y'all out there!
    The ride along was awesome, I really appreciate you letting me be dead weight. I'm quite impressed with how the NC handles, and yours had some pretty good pickup as well.

Thanks again for putting on a bad ass trackday Sean. I vote for morning track time next time (I was having slight cooling issues again). Not very many cars plus cheap price equals a trackday full of win.

I think my I had a couple fast 1:38's after the first session and I think Barry(the other turbo Miata was getting 1:36's). I like the EcstaXS's more and more after the track event's. I lowered the pressure a bit for the 3rd and 4th session to 35 front and 33 rear, seamed to really hook up.

Chris

Driver

Thanks again for putting on a bad ass trackday Sean. I vote for morning track time next time (I was having slight cooling issues again). Not very many cars plus cheap price equals a trackday full of win.

Chris

You should have gotten there at 10 am with us

HHR was a great venue. The ONLY way to make it better is to level the grid are and get gas onsite.

I appreciate everyone coming out. Great weekend for all!

Driver

A couple of videos from the red Mazdaspeed3 driver in the last session in blue (geezer makes an appearance while chasing me )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_pn...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3q9a...e=channel_page

Driver

Altiain:

Goofygrin:

???:

???:

Geezer:

Geezer makes a second appearance:

Wish I went. Impressive how flat Geezer's car is in that corner considering he's using stock sways. Those Ohlins are very stiff.

Driver

He's on street tires in both those pictures too. :)

I was in the grey one and Barry has the black one.

Thanks for the pictures Sean.

I was pretty impressed how the Red one stayed with me in a couple of the corners. LoL

Chris

I was in the grey one and Barry has the black one.

Thanks for the pictures Sean.

I was pretty impressed how the Red one stayed with me in a couple of the corners. LoL

Chris
    The Red Evo is no joke - I had a few laps in it and it's got me seriously thinking about buying one.

Driver

miatamaniac might have been referring to the red Mazdaspeed3 :)

geezer, I should have let you have some hot laps without my whiney butt in the car. I bet you could have gotten it down to the 1:26-1:27 range (since I was 1:29/1:30 when you were pushing me).

Yea, the MS3 was pretty quick as well. I saw on his video where 3 of you caught up to me on a cooling off lap (that worked better than just sitting in the pit) during the 4th session.

You had R comps right Sean? LoL

Chris

Driver

ya I was on 2 year old RA-1 take offs (team cheap bastard junior member here). They wore really well and had more grip than I wanted to use.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    miatamaniac might have been referring to the red Mazdaspeed3 :)

geezer, I should have let you have some hot laps without my whiney butt in the car. I bet you could have gotten it down to the 1:26-1:27 range (since I was 1:29/1:30 when you were pushing me).
    I think 1:27s would have been possible. I was doing 28s on Hoosiers in my MX5 before the front left got chewed up and I had to go back to the street rubber. My quick impression was that given cooler weather and Hoosiers on your Evo, 1:25s should be within reach - maybe even a 24 (GT3 territory). I'm benchmarking that against my best in the MX5 (1:26.6) in cool weather.

Driver

I did an autocross on the RA-1's two weekends ago, and the difference in grip between the 275/35/18 RA-1's and 285/30/18 A6's (even the sloppy seconds A6's I was running, again, TCB) was noticeable even to a novice like me. Hoosier A6's or R6's would definitely have lowered the track times, but the heavy ass Evo just eats the A6's up in the fists of a meathead like me.

ETA: the change in the effective gearing would have been nice too. I notice a small, but perceptible "launch" feeling difference with the shorter Hoosiers as well compared to my street tires or the RA-1's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast