Thread: top replacement

Smile top replacement

I am thinking of buying a used top w/frame, maybe from Mazmart, for my NA. Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this before. I think the 2005 will fit.

If you buy it on frame, it doesnt get much easier to replace. I helped Sammm do his a few years ago, and I seem to remember it was a little difficult getting the nuts started back to replace the rain rail. Other than that it was fairly simple. Yes an 05 will fit.

That's the best way to go... you can do it by yourself fairly easily, just be sure you don't eff up the rain rail when you're putting on the new top - the OEM ones tend to be brittle and crack easily. Also, be sure you torque the rain rail nuts in the right sequence, otherwise it'll leak water. Let me know when you get your top and I can dig up the rain rail torque specs.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Especially with shipping cost included, Gary at trackdogracing.com is probably cheaper.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    You da man!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. I was out out of town and just came back, hence the late reply. I will definetely check out Gary. And thanks again for the torque specs Juano!