Thread: Alligator Hide

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default Alligator Hide

We have a rule at work:
    If I say or do something that offends you, you have to tell me so I will know.

I like one of my coworker's attitude about that. "I'm going to tell you what I think. I'm going to say it plainly. If you don't like what I said, either change or don't worry about it."

He recently got in trouble for saying that a practice at a certain location was dumb. He was right, but one of the supervisors took it personally. When called on the carpet by our EVP, he defended himself. He was told he had to be more sensitive to the feelings of others. He explained that THAT was what was wrong with our organization: everybody is too sensitive. When the EVP asked how he would feel if someone was insensitive to his feelings and made him mad, his answer was very to the point. "This is where I provide for my family and that is very important to me, so I don't let myself get mad. Besides, there's nobody in this company that is smart enough to make me mad!"

This forum is kind of like going to a football game. You are here because you choose to be. My Uncle Jack used to get so upset at football games that he'd eat a whole pack of antacids! Finally, he just stopped going to football games.

IMHO, neither football games or forums are worth excess stomach acid Yall have fun and don't take this stuff too seriously
    Last edited by onething; 12-23-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Cool... somebody just earned a sticky!

I'm offended by your post, onething.

Just kidding.

I agree - this place is for fun. We like to goof on each other a lot in here. Why get bent out of shape about it?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Very, very wise words onething!

On that note I'm going to throw the big lock on and leave this post up for all to admire!