Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Time Trials events in June July and August

dang I was just .2 seconds away from the STI on R comps. Next time I will have to be a little more brave, I know I could have that time.

David an interesting thing to try would be to make every lap a flying lap. That way lap times can be more consistent even though the first lap should have been everyone's fastest. For example, after you do a lap, drive a U turn around back to a set starting point, and then start the lap again with the flying start. I know it would make timing hard, but it is just an idea.

I would also like to say how good of a course this was for new drivers. No chance of getting lost in the sea of cones. I loved how the course was simple and just felt like a roadcourse.
    Last edited by 762; 06-25-2009 at 05:26 PM.

My single gripe with the course was the lack of right handed turns my passenger side tires were screaming for mercy lol.:) But I was there for setup I know we were severely short on cones which limited what we could do.

And again I apologize for the pics with the "fuzz" in the frame. I actually went out last night and dropped the coin for a brand new Nikon D40. I've been missing out with the cheaper digi cams lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Well the next event is only a week an a half away!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Well the next event is only a week an a half away!
    I would definitely be going to these, but they both fall on Redline Time Attack dates.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I would go but I'm still recovering from the drive to MW from last weekend. I will say that a road course format at MW is really fun though. LSCBMWCCA ran a PCA time trial course and it was a blast.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I have been signed up ever since I finished the last one, I suppose I should probably submit payment though.

I'm going to try to make the 7/25 event since I will not be able to go to the ER AX the following day. I hope that the course is longer and more involving than the video 762 showed of the last TTT event.

I wont be here that weekend i'll be down in the Hill Country. Either in the Saturn or the Miata. Hopefully the Miata.

Ya'll have tons of fun I"ll try to make it out to the one in August but not sure yet I've got the Texas State Limited Championship Shooting Competition out in Breckinridge that month also.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

I gotta agree J. the problem with a sea of cones like that is the distance between gates looks to be about the same as the width....so its actually harder to read.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I'm going to try to make the 7/25 event since I will not be able to go to the ER AX the following day. I hope that the course is longer and more involving than the video 762 showed of the last TTT event.

I think it was only as short as it was because of a lack of cones. I have heard they normally run an x in the middle of the course to lengthen it a little bit.

Either way I look forward to finishing up my set of RE01rs.

jrj512 if you do make it out you are certainly welcome to do ride alongs in my car. That way I can have an excuse to get rides in the miata.

lol a passenger in the miata slows it down quite a bit :) in the GTI...not as much :) it's got about 200 more of those horse things the miata doesn't
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

I don't mind ride-alongs at events like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I don't mind ride-alongs at events like this.
    all registered

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    lol a passenger in the miata slows it down quite a bit :) in the GTI...not as much :) it's got about 200 more of those horse things the miata doesn't
    On the flip side the GTI has heavy duty metal fastners holding it's airbox in place instead of some super light weight weed eating string
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

nope...its all plastic crap LOL or at least my MkV GLI was but it does have those cool thin metal clippy thingies lol

P.S. - and the weed eater string is just me being green.....you know how big into that save the planet load of crap I am
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    On the flip side the GTI has heavy duty metal fastners holding it's airbox in place instead of some super light weight weed eating string
    Haha actually I use zip ties to fasten down my Cold Air Intake and make sure it does not move around.

So I am bored at work today and I think it would be fun if there were some classes just created for fun. As a way to compare times. Something simple such as drivetrain classes separated by Lbs/HP and then R comps or ST.

So FWD could have FWD unlimited (10 lbs/hp +) FWD Standard (under 10 lbs/hp) and then if your on R comps you just would tack an R on.

Notating the classes could be UAWDR for unlimited AWD with R comps. What does anyone else think? It would not need to be put on the cars, just on the timing sheets.

Driver

Classes are a must... but MS3 vs. the golden toyota? Not fair.

You'll either have to go to something complicated like NASA's TT rules/classing or just keep it as it is where the vettes always win.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Classes are a must... but MS3 vs. the golden toyota? Not fair.

You'll either have to go to something complicated like NASA's TT rules/classing or just keep it as it is where the vettes always win.
    well I figure there would have to be some lbs/hp amount that would help kind of separate things well for each of the different classes.

Cool, we can get scales and dynos at the site to settle any issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast