Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #4 @ TMS Bus Lot, 6/14/2009

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    AutoX is the only option for this weekend then.
    You make it sound like a bad thing.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You make it sound like a bad thing.
    Ya maybe you should just stay home 762!

If I stayed home I would probably just end up playing forza 2, so I might as well just come out and work on my actual driving as opposed to my virtual driving which is pretty good already.

I just wish SCCA could give you more runs, but I suppose that is what the other clubs are for.

I just wish SCCA could give you more runs, but I suppose that is what the other clubs are for.
    I agree, but we would be there all day. One of the reason we limit the NTAXS events to 60 people is so we can have 8 runs. SCCA events usually have twice (or more) the number of people, so 8 runs would be all day... and night.

Driver

you mean like the double loop pennington international motorspeedway event?

Do you have to be an SCCA membership to do this or do they have the membership by the day plan.

Driver

you can do a "weekend" membership, but it's an extra $10 or $15. That money is good towards your year membership though (so don't lose the piece of paper you get with the weekend membership).

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    you can do a "weekend" membership, but it's an extra $10 or $15. That money is good towards your year membership though (so don't lose the piece of paper you get with the weekend membership).
    What if you have record that you competed in an event (such as online timing or heck even a little cone trophy), but do not have that piece of paper?

What if you have record that you competed in an event (such as online timing or heck even a little cone trophy), but do not have that piece of paper?
    From what I have been told Corporate SCCA in Kansas does membership and they want that piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    From what I have been told Corporate SCCA in Kansas does membership and they want that piece of paper.
    Time to try and dig it up then. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure I threw it away.

Default Weekend Member info

Here

Weekend Membership = fee to run one weekend.
    2nd weekend = new weekend membership

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Here

Weekend Membership = fee to run one weekend.
    2nd weekend = new weekend membership

Is that correct?
    That is correct - you'll need a new weekend membership for every weekend. You can apply up to 2 weekend memberships to your annual membership dues for a total 'discount' of $30. Refer a friend, and you'll recieve another discount too (I think it's also $15, but don't quote me on that).

Amazingly we have folks who come out often, but never join. If you're going to do more than 4 events it makes financial sense to join. You'll also get all the additional benefits of membership once you've joined and partaken of the Kool-Aid.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Driver

they might be able to track it down (either in the axware system) or via the stuff sent to corporate.

Call up the SCCA in KS and see what they say.

I'm in with my nephew co-driving. Axware had me pay for his registration but not mine. I guess I can fix it when I get there Sunday morning.

I just registered and paid and it isn't showing me on the Entry List.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    I just registered and paid and it isn't showing me on the Entry List.
    Hmmm I showed up the instant I payed.

Maybe ya should print your paypal receipt and bring it with ya to the event.

So, where to dine in the AM? I know the McDonalds we have frequented in the past is not very good, but the Waffle House has too small of tables for our group. I nominate McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    the Waffle House has too small of tables for our group.
    Anyone not too fat to fit in a Miata should fit in a Waffle House table just fine
    I am the Cookie Monster, not the macaroni monster.

Back in the day before I had to be at the site @ O dark thirty, we used to have breakfast at the Dove Creek Cafe on 377. It's about a mile south of 114/377 on the east side. It's a throw back to a simpler time, frequented by Roanoke regulars in their pickups. You guys will definitely stand out in your fancy sports cars, but there's plenty of room with big tables, good coffee and friendly waitresses. Plus you'll be supporting the local economy.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Prova7 View Post
    Anyone not too fat to fit in a Miata should fit in a Waffle House table just fine
    I meant the number of people. Besides, we can't help our size -- it's glandular!

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Back in the day before I had to be at the site @ O dark thirty, we used to have breakfast at the Dove Creek Cafe on 377. It's about a mile south of 114/377 on the east side. It's a throw back to a simpler time, frequented by Roanoke regulars in their pickups. You guys will definitely stand out in your fancy sports cars, but there's plenty of room with big tables, good coffee and friendly waitresses. Plus you'll be supporting the local economy.
    Don't lecture me about the good ol' days of Roanoke, city slicker -- I lived there when the population sign said 872. The only grocery store was the Roanoke Drive In, and if you wanted a nice night out, it was Dairy Queen or nothing.

Anyway, I'm down with trying the Dove Creek Cafe. I called and they are open at 7 AM. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...oke_Texas.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast