Thread: Woot! Harbor Freight Tools

Default Woot! Harbor Freight Tools

Just got a few toys from Harbor freight for the car... had a $5 off coupon and they mailed me a mailer full of coupons.....

1/2" Electric Impact Wrench $37, 1/2" deep well impact sockets $9.99, Owl $13, 4pk microfiber towels $1.99

The impact already made fast work of rotating the tires on all 3 cars..... the towels were added to my stock... and the owl will hopefully keep the grackles from continuing to shit on the cars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh... and i have a raincheck for a $9.99 1/2 torque wrench. For how little i use any given tool, harbor freight has never done me wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driver

I have that impact... works like a champ :)

Friday I picked up a 3 ton floorjack with 20" max lift for $69 and 2 pair of 6 ton jackstands with max height of 24" for $29 a pair. Made replacing my brake clips a snap Saturday morning.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

I have the same electric impact wrench and sockets. I need to get a good torque wrench. Have a 20%off HF coupon sitting in my inbox begging to be put to good use. Might have to jump on it this weekend.

So far i'm liking the impact. I'd love an air powered one... but i don't have the space....

Now i need a project to use it on! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driver

lower the lancer

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    So far i'm liking the impact. I'd love an air powered one... but i don't have the space....

Now i need a project to use it on! lol
    Just be careful what compressor you get. I got a big one that says 15A current draw on it and it means 15A. If you have anything else running on that 15A circuit you'll trip the breaker.

I dropped 2 20A circuits into the garage so I could run my network gear (studying stuff), freezer, AC, and compressor without having to jockey around which plugs go in which sockets.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I need to get a second 220 plug in the garage and invest in a big air compressor.

I put a second 220 in my shop when I wired the first one for the welder but haven't gotten around to getting the bigger compressor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    lower the lancer
    Ehh. It would still be slow. Plus, the lancer is my factory warrantied daily driver.... the miata is the fun car. The factory souped Mitsubishis (yours) excite me; mine not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Just be careful what compressor you get. I got a big one that says 15A current draw on it and it means 15A. If you have anything else running on that 15A circuit you'll trip the breaker.

I dropped 2 20A circuits into the garage so I could run my network gear (studying stuff), freezer, AC, and compressor without having to jockey around which plugs go in which sockets.

I own a condo that does not have a garage. I use my parent's garage. I have one of the 4 3' x 7' shelf units that i got from gary for my tools and storage, and one spot in the garage. The parents rent, so upgrades to the garage aren't worth it. Plan is in the next 5 years to sell my condo and buy a house with the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    I need to get a second 220 plug in the garage and invest in a big air compressor.
    A 220 and a full size compressor are one of the "in the future things"... gotta get the garage first . Toldsara i'll do what she wants to whatever house we get, as long as i get to do what i want to the garage. 2 car garage minimum, with hopefully a carport/ pergola over the driveway leading to it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think those sockets will be good for rounding off bolts. Good sockets are worth the money. They will save you a lot of trouble.

I have been very happy with the cordless impact I got from them, but cheap sockets never.

That looks like the exact same impact socket set I've been using for the last 10+ years (even down to the cheap ass metal case!). Made in China, cheap as dirt, and they work just fine.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I have the same impact wrench and sockets too! TCB! It is great in taking the tough nuts off!
    Gabriel

i used the sockets on the lugs to get them off, and there was no wiggle. they seem fine so far.

Most of my sockets are homedepot brand husky.... kinda cheap, but i've never rounded off a bolt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]