Thread: Where to get tires mounted?

Default Where to get tires mounted?

I am done with Discount Tires and the nickel and dime bull$hit. I have had to negotiate several BS charges with them and I am done. Their latest crap was to charge me shipping on top of the price because they had to ordered the tire direct from Tire Rack. So I got to pay them shipping and tax!

Look for a new place to buy rubber and get it mounted or just bring tires to have mounted.

Suggestions?

Order your tires from Tire Rack and skip the local chain BS. It just isn't worth it.

Once you find a reliable place on this side of town to get tires mounted that can settle on a consistent price, let me know. I've gotten the runaround from every place I've tried on the eastside.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I buy tires online nowadays...

To get them mounted, I use a place over on Harry Hines called Affordable Tire - kind of a shade-tree tire shop.

There's plenty of places over in Garland that are similar - Rambo Tires comes to mind as one I've used in the past.

Generally, they charge about $10/tire to mount & balance - and they habla the Espanol.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I thought Todd (don't know last name) at Discount was consistently a good guy to deal with. He's on the east side somewhere, but not sure where. (I hate that DT likes to move their managers from store to store).

onething just dealt with him...shoot him a PM.

PS
    I gave up on Discount awhile back. Too much BS and last time I called they wanted $92 to M&B.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Order your tires from Tire Rack and skip the local chain BS. It just isn't worth it.

Once you find a reliable place on this side of town to get tires mounted that can settle on a consistent price, let me know. I've gotten the runaround from every place I've tried on the eastside.
    Have you try Icepenguin? He is in Wylie NTB. He is a nice guy and took care of me! He is getting all my business.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Todd (don't know last name)
    Milstead I think. Knowing me it's probably spelled wrong
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

It is not Milstead.
    It was Todd I was dealing with.

It is a long drive for you, but we like Cody at the DT in Mansfield.

Milstead being the last name Sammm didn't know.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It is a long drive for you, but we like Cody at the DT in Mansfield.
    Where the F is Mansfield? Is it like a bath house? I know you like bath houses.

Driver

mansfield is south of the metromess.

If anyone needs 245/45/18, tirerack has the oe tires for the solstice gxp for $99 each (goodyear eagles), with a $50 mail in rebate. $45 in shipping and cashback through fatwallet.com. Pretty cheap tires for the wife's car :)

Call Discount Tire's customer service and complain. Last time I had work done, the service was lousy (unusual at "my" store). I told 'em I wasn't coming back. They apologized and sent me $100 of gift certificates. I'll go back one more time anyway.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

AJ's ntb will do it for pocket cash ($10 a wheel max) and i know there is a place tdr uses that is 5$ a wheel or talk to quan, he works at discount and think he can do them.

or find a local place, ask nice and tell them you race and will bring them more wheels then there normal clients and you want $x for X wheels

I order from Tirerack and have them drop shipped to AJ's store and have him mount them up. Very happy and the best price/least hassle.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

4 Wheels and Tires in Garland just mounted my 16's for $35!

what's a good place in the Plano area for me to get some tires mounted? I just ordered a set of RS2s

Just to put my 2¢ in: I had my NT01's mounted to the 15x9 6UL's at the "Driver's Edge" at Legacy/Lebanon in Frisco. They did a great job without so much as a fingerprint left on the wheels. Grand total was around $68 - which included 8 valve stems. So....$15 a wheel, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    AJ's ntb will do it for pocket cash ($10 a wheel max) and i know there is a place tdr uses that is 5$ a wheel or talk to quan, he works at discount and think he can do them.

or find a local place, ask nice and tell them you race and will bring them more wheels then there normal clients and you want $x for X wheels
    whoa there frisky. That's not the going rate for AJ. AJ is my #1 choice now, though.