Thread: Need a test fit...

Default Need a test fit...

Hello all! I come to you guys seeking some help. I do not yet own a miata, but I am looking into the miata because I need a good reliable, fairly simple and fuel efficient car, but I don't want to give up the joy of driving. The miata seems to fit this bill perfectly, however I am 6'4". I know these cars have more room than most outsiders might think, I have driven a few (including the mazda speed turbo) at some of the previous mazda rev it up events, but I am looking into an early model, say 91-93. I guess if anyone is in the Plano area and has some time this weekend, and wants to shoot the breeze for a few minutes with a fellow car guy I would like to see if this car is an option for me. To be honest if I have to duck a bit it's not a big deal, as long as my legs aren't pinned to the dash. Please notice I do NOT want to drive anyone's car just want to sit in one. Not too many on craigslist or autotrader in the area and I figured this would be better anyways.

Welcome! If you can fit into a NB, you should do OK in a NA. The inside is bigger in the NA's. Too bad, I have the NBs only. I am sure there are plenty of guys will let you try their cars out. May be you want to go to the Wed GTG. Look for it at the "Events" on this board. Welcome again!
    Gabriel

Don't let your height deter you. You may want/need to perform a foamectomy. I believe that is what it is called. Anywho, the premise is to take some of the foam out of the seat and it will get you lower in the car. Search on this forum or miata.net and you will get all the information you need. That is if I have the correct name for the procedure described. Somebody else please chime in.
    Good luck with your search.
    Alan

PS. I have a buddy who did race in SM and he is 6'6". So you are short lad compared to him.

Chassis Designer

Oh no, an excuse to buy new seats!
    '95R

Ill check out the GTG. Sounds promissing so far.

I'm in Plano (Parker and Coit). Will be at MSR Saturday, but will be around late morning Sunday if you want to sit in mine. It's a '94.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Definately more leg and shoulder room in an NA (1990-1997) vs. an NB (1999-2005), and the NA seats are better.

I have a 180 lbs and 99 im 6 foot 3 and I have plenty of room... I cant gangster lean but I can drive comfortably
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...miata/don3.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...miata/don1.jpg
    99 miata 62k miles, only mod is tenzo rs-5 17 inch wheels, and black robbins top

Miataspeedracer, late sunday morn would be excellent. Maybe we could exchange numbers via PM? I just moved from spring creek and coit, what street are you on, I may already know how to get there? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pcar928 View Post
    Miataspeedracer, late sunday morn would be excellent. Maybe we could exchange numbers via PM? I just moved from spring creek and coit, what street are you on, I may already know how to get there? Thanks!
    Looks like I can't send you a PM. Send me one and I will get back to you...
    Speed

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Looks like I can't send you a PM. Send me one and I will get back to you...
    He can't send you one either. PM's are restricted for new members until they get their post count up a little. Try getting a email at email dot com address.
    Just an FYI.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Email me at: mbintx at gmail dot com
    Speed

Looks like tomorrow is a no go at the planned time. If you would like to call me I can be reached at 972-569-7784. I appreciate the offer, maybe we can meet up some time later?

No go for me, either. Water heater at the house decided to go south, so I'm busy installing a new one.
    Speed

There is a meet in Plano at the CVS right by where you live on Wednesday nights at the CVS at that very intersection if I'm not mistaken. I was there 2 weeks ago and there were some Miatas there, I'm sure you could ask them to sit in one of there rides, they're all pretty nice.

Looks like tomorrow is a no go at the planned time. If you would like to call me I can be reached at 972-569-7784. I appreciate the offer, maybe we can meet up some time later?
    Looks like there will be a GTG at the Fillmore Pub tonight around 8 -8:30. Should be quite a few Miatas there you can sit it.
    (check updates in the Events section)
    Speed