99 Miata Black

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it a Monday!

I need me some MSR action!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Speaking in hyrographics again?

Go to the Smurf but hitchhike with extra caution?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Don't you have your 3Bean Secret Decoder ring yet?

He's blue and wants to hitch a ride with someone driving at MSR...?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Well, I am signed up for the 2/5-6 event, and my friend Matt will be second driving my car (YIKES!). It would be cool if some (any) of you guys would join us!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Don't you have your 3Bean Secret Decoder ring yet?
    In words, yes, I'd love to participate!! :P

On a weekday if possible...

Man that sounds like a lot of fun and on a Mon or Tues is my days off but I dont have the requirements to do it yet (no roll bar). and bad tires.
    I would love to hitch a ride though with Mad Merv, or were you just yankin my dody? lol seriously I would like to come out to just watch if I could....how much does it cost? and when is it?
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Man that sounds like a lot of fun and on a Mon or Tues is my days off but I dont have the requirements to do it yet (no roll bar). and bad tires.
    Usually, a roll bar is not required in the Beginner run groups, and it hasn't been required at the "Miatas at the Ranch" events I've been to, either.

That's not to say I wouldn't recommend a roll bar in a convertible, just that it isn't typically required in the lower run groups. If the track bug does bite you though, I'd highly encourage you to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I would love to hitch a ride though with Mad Merv, or were you just yankin my dody? lol seriously I would like to come out to just watch if I could....how much does it cost? and when is it?
    I don't believe there has been a date set yet for the next "Miatas at the Ranch" event, but if/when one is, you'll certainly hear about it here.

As for spectating, most of the driving events at Motorsports Ranch are open to spectators, typically free of charge.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Weekday'd be great!!!!! When will the new section be done??? That's going to be really fun!
    The funding is already in place. I suspect work to begin in the Spring, so........maybe mid/late summer. This course will be much more technical than the current one, with three times the elevation changes!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I will come out to check it out but even without the roll bar I know my tires wont make the cut, I need some new ones....but just paid my house tax's and bought the car so I am flat a'' broke. (pout)

I will have to catch it next time, I guess I will just have to watch this time.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Weekday'd be great!!!!! When will the new section be done??? That's going to be really fun!
    The funding is already in place. I suspect work to begin in the Spring, so........maybe mid/late summer. This course will be much more technical than the current one, with three times the elevation changes!
    mmmmmm.... Elevation changes... Ahhhh...

I may have to convince my boss that full-time telecommuting is the way to go... I can hear the conference calls now.

Them: "Damn, it's noisy on your end... Are you in the car?"

Me: <screeeeeee> "ummm... yeah."

Well I wish I could take part and get to play with everyone else, but I will probably be working that weekend. Now the really bad part is that I will be at MSR, but I will be working the trakc since I'am part of the staff. It makes it frustrating when everyone else comes out to play and I have to stand and watch. Oh well if you guys come out, look me up so we can meet face to face. I'll probably be up by the grid doing recovery. Anyway hope to see some of you guys there.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

Well Titus how was your weekend!

Titus I didn't get to meet you this weekend. I worked Sunday doing recovery and at the end of the day putting out that grass fire that started right before the end of the last session. That was fun! If you guys come out to the Ranch look me up. I'm there usually on the weekends, my name is Chris by the way. Anyway I hope those of you that came out had fun.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well Titus how was your weekend!
    Wow... where do I start!

First: I can't drive! I knew I wasn't the best driver on the road, but this was really a humbling experience. Saturday saw me spinning out twice, sending me flying off the track and in to the weeds. one minute I was fine, a second later I was covered in grass and dirt. I don't really remember it, so I have to take my instructors word... he said I came in to turn 4 behind a BMW that was going about 20 mph slower. I made the several rookie errors. One, I was following the slower Beemer’s line. He had turned in about 15 feet late, which was way to late for my faster speed. Two, I let up off the gas as soon as I realized what I did. I am sure you can guess what happened next..... weee… there goes my tail... wait... is it supposed to be in front of me? I was late reacting, trying to correct after I was about 60 degrees around. I corrected a little too much. I spun on off into the dirt and weeds, about halfway down to the pond

To be continued.

Off road excursion #2: This was hardly my fault. My instructor kept getting on me for not carrying enough speed out of 7. Going in to it, he grabbed the wheel, and said "FLOOR IT". He explained that I needed to use the whole track, so he steered all the way up the inside curb on 7, telling me not to be afraid of the curb. Once we were up there (floored I remind you), he let go, and said "see, that’s not that bad". He spoke too soon. When I came off of the curb, it upset the balance of the car. I didn't even get a chance to do something stupid like let off, when... you guessed it... weeeee. I confirmed here that I really didn't have the skills to properly correct the weeeee. Well, then we went off into the grass... yadda yadda yadda.

To be continued.

A morning of rain: This morning was wet and foggy, and my confidence was shot. Ending Saturday with an off track excursion did not making getting on a wet track any easier. This was compounded by one of the other drivers talking about how you will roll if you go off track sideways because of the mud. So there I am, terrified of going over with the memory of Saturday afternoon burned in my brain. I took that track at about 25. My instructor was beside himself. The second session went better, as I kept creeping up in speed. Before I knew it, I had lost my rear and saved it 3 times thru rattlesnake. This did I lot to help my confidence. I HATED the rain, and would not mind if I never did another wet track day, but I am glad I did it for the recovery learning that took place.

To be continued.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast