Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Autocrossing 102 on March 5

I had a blast!

Thanks to all -- since I think I learned something from everyone. Mitch even talked me into signing up for a 2nd day at Mineral Wells (TT103). My fingers are crossed, I hope I make it in.

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    This what Wendy telling me "The only acceptance or rejection notices that have gone out have been for the 101 and Ladies only schools. We're still getting registrations in for the other schools. Those notices will go out 2 weeks prior to the event.

We'll do our best to get as many people in as possible. That's all I can really say at this time. :}

Wendy"
    Gabriel - have you heard anything? It's now under 2 weeks and I haven't gotten a real confirmation yet.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

I know that I won't be passing Tech inspection... so I've just emailed my cancellation. I hope one of you guys can get my spot. There's still plenty of time left...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I know that I won't be passing Tech inspection... so I've just emailed my cancellation. I hope one of you guys can get my spot. There's still plenty of time left...
    Why are you failing tech?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

My brakes are shot and if what I've been told about the helmet/inch rule, I'm toast...

Having Titus's hardtop on the BUR showed clearly how there was NO room with a helmet on...

My brakes are shot and if what I've been told about the helmet/inch rule, I'm toast...

Having Titus's hardtop on the BUR showed clearly how there was NO room with a helmet on...
    Hey, I may be selling the Blue seat that came with red. That may lower your "head" enough. I bought a Kirkey that fits me better. The Corbeau is a little wider that the Kirkey and may be wide enough to fit your A$$ into it.
    Here is a picture showing Monkey in the Blue seat, He is 5'-9" for your reverence.

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I've got an UltraShield that I have to put in the car at some time... problem is finding the time....
    I understand the lack of time If you need some help I'm sure that Monkey would be willing to help, and I can stand there and watch I have to install the Kirkey, but alas I dont have the time.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Have people received confirmation of their registration for 102 and 103 yet? I registered, but have not heard anything definitive from Wendy/PCA.

TIA,

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Have people received confirmation of their registration for 102 and 103 yet? I registered, but have not heard anything definitive from Wendy/PCA.

TIA,

S.
    Instead of grousing about it on here, have any of you guys/gals considered emailing Wendy and asking her what your status is?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

TIA,

S.
    Instead of grousing about it on here, have any of you guys/gals considered emailing Wendy and asking her what your status is?
    Why would we do that???

Good idea.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    This what Wendy telling me "The only acceptance or rejection notices that have gone out have been for the 101 and Ladies only schools. We're still getting registrations in for the other schools. Those notices will go out 2 weeks prior to the event.

We'll do our best to get as many people in as possible. That's all I can really say at this time. :}

Wendy"
    This is the answer Gabriel got when he e-mailed her a little over a week ago....pretty much SIT, STAY....they'll let us know when they let us know. Do you think it's okay if I take the school on my streets rather than R's? (I'm thinking of the wear factor and I don't want to end up buying another $800 worth of tires mid-season).
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Yeah, I think you'll be fine. I wouldn't burn up a brand new set of Rs at a school.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I just got an e-mail.
    Congratulations! Your entry into the Autocross 102 school on Saturday, March 6th has been accepted!

Yay! Mine just came through, too!

Hurm. I'm in for 103. Out for 102. Apparently Wendy didn't like "that smart ass look" on my face at 101. Just kidding.

I am now conflicted as to whether to do Pennington on 3/6 or do 103 at MW on 3/6. Any insight would be appreciated.

S.

I am in for both 102 and 103. Screw the Sunday SCCA event. The 103 is a lot more fun. You get way more seat time than SCCA!

Who is going to 102 and/or 103?

I'm in for both days. Yay for me. Is anyone staying out there Saturday night? We should have a "social".

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    I'm in for both days. Yay for me. Is anyone staying out there Saturday night? We should have a "social".
    IIRC, PCA hosts the social at a really good Italian restaurant. Good food and a good time the last time I joined them.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Got my confimation today for 102 that I was IN. But I've got to do something about a conflict I have with a client on Wed PM, so I can get the car tech'd.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast