Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #5 @ TMS Bus Lot, 7/19/2009

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by autocrosspicturesnet View Post
    Nah, I'm too cheap
    Cheap cars FTW! That reminds me...I'm in!

BenCronin04

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I didn't think that WBP (Whiney Bitch prepared) had been sanctioned as a national class until the 2011 season?

No, we teamed together and whinned and bitched enough to where they pushed the date up.

Quote Originally Posted by BenCronin04 View Post
    No, we teamed together and whinned and bitched enough to where they pushed the date up.
    Ah, the power of the angry civic mob.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Talking

I'm in!

The weather guy is talking about highs in the mid 90's on Sunday so don't forget your mittens!

Registered. Can't wait to try out the NT01's.

BenCronin04

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I'm in!

The weather guy is talking about highs in the mid 90's on Sunday so don't forget your mittens!
    God does still exist

Discount Tire called yesterday to exclaim that three of my new Kumho's were in. Lets see, how fast could I go with 3 XS's and a donut?
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

BenCronin04

Quote Originally Posted by bnordin View Post
    Discount Tire called yesterday to exclaim that three of my new Kumho's were in. Lets see, how fast could I go with 3 XS's and a donut?
    Only 3 came in? What store are you going to? I ordered mine 2 months ago and they came from one of our California stores in 3 days.

registered

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Registered. Can't wait to try out the NT01's.
    I can't wait to see the 6uls in person!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Only 3 came in? What store are you going to? I ordered mine 2 months ago and they came from one of our California stores in 3 days.
    The store on Davis in N Richland Hills. I ordered them on July 6 and they told me then that they would arrive in 3 to 5 days from California. Still no 4th tire.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The store on Davis in N Richland Hills.
    The manager of that store is an . The previous guy was great. I'll never go back there again.

BenCronin04

The store on Davis in N Richland Hills. I ordered them on July 6 and they told me then that they would arrive in 3 to 5 days from California. Still no 4th tire.
    Call them and talk to the manager. Tell him the tires need to be there in the time specified or you will contact the AVP and let them know of the poor service and inaccurate information you received form that store.. In the future I would go to Todd and order tires through him or you could always come to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    The manager of that store is an . The previous guy was great. I'll never go back there again.
    Well managers and employees at discount change stores more then you change your panties. Most likely the manager you used to like still works in the DFW area, but he may have moved to Oklahoma because we just started opening some new stores up there. Just call the store and ask where the previous manager was transfered too.

Blah blah blah...
    Or you could just save yourself a lot of trouble and order all of your tires from Tire Rack. I gave up doing the DT shuffle several years ago when I realized I could get tires cheaper without ever leaving the comfort of my house. No more tracking down another super-secret handshake deal or arguing with the latest batch of clueless tire monkeys at the local DT. Just point, click, and ship.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Or you could just save yourself a lot of trouble and order all of your tires from Tire Rack. I gave up doing the DT shuffle several years ago when I realized I could get tires cheaper without ever leaving the comfort of my house. No more tracking down another super-secret handshake deal or arguing with the latest batch of clueless tire monkeys at the local DT. Just point, click, and ship.
    True that, drop ship straight to NTB, drive car there and install and drive away
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Wal-Mart will mount and balance for $5 per tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Wal-Mart will mount and balance for $5 per tire.
    You get what you pay for. Last time I had them mount tires on my Firebird they broke some of the lug nut caps. They had a very hard time getting 245/50 16 street tires mounted (they were using a sledge hammer). I would hate to see what they would do trying to mound 275/40 17 Hoosiers on 8.5 wheels. I am sure it is just the luck of the draw and some of them are good but I am not going back. Now I go to one of the small shops in the hood. Never know what they are going to charge sometimes it's $7 to mount and balance last time it was $10.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

+1 for Tire Rack.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

The free market is a wonderful thing - it makes everyone better at what they do.... but having said that, I will use Todd Eady whenever humanly possible because of all the fabulous support he gives our program. I guarantee you won't have any issues if you go through him.

I'll bet not too many people know - those giant coolers at the divisional stocked with water/gatorade etc were provided by Todd and Discount. We didn't ask him to do that - he just did it, and he also does it when he comes out to regional events. For previous year's divisionals he provided over $5000 worth of give-aways for us, and every year has been instrumental in our Hoosier/Kumho/Yokohama/Falken tire give away programs. Remember when it was only Hoosier/Kumho? Todd's the guy that got it expanded. At the beginning of the 2009 season the free tire programs were on the brink of extinction. Todd personally did everything possible to get the manufacturers back on board so we could have those programs.

Yes - it's a bit of a drive to his store from my house. I'll gladly make it everytime.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Speaking of the tire giveaway, anyone got any spare Falken decals?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast