Thread: Finally a miata owner

Default Finally a miata owner

I picked up my 1991 British Racing Green miata this morning and drove it to work. It's got 182,000 miles but seems to be mechanically sound. It drove way better than the last miata I test drove (97 with 100,000 miles). The body is a little scratched up... but that's ok. It's going to be a weekend toy and hopefully see some track days at MSR and ECR.

Can't wait to get started. Tonight I'll start cleaning it up...

Looking forward to working on the car and learning from the local experts.

Allen

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats. TTIWWP.

I just picked it up this morning and drove it to work. I'll get some pictures of it tonight when I get home.

I believe I saw that car on Craigslist. Looked like a good deal. I kept reading through the ad thinking "What's the catch? AC Broke? Automatic? Transmission problem?", but there was no gotcha in the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I believe I saw that car on Craigslist. Looked like a good deal. I kept reading through the ad thinking "What's the catch? AC Broke? Automatic? Transmission problem?", but there was no gotcha in the ad.
    Yes, that's the car. I drove it and it seemed pretty good to me but I'm no expert :)

The seller said his dad bought the car to tinker with and then just gave him the car a while back, so he had no money in it other than regular maintenance. The AC blows cold. The clutch take up is smooth. The oil seems to have been changed regularly. I think, and hope, that I just got lucky and got a good deal. I drove from 75 and Parker to down town this morning and all is well... knock on wood.

I'm pretty excited about it

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Congratulations. Did you have the top down?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

brg's are the most baller of all miatas and trigger testosterone production resulting in increased fertility and increased sexual attraction. Don't be surprised if women offer themselves to you in traffic, hourly.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

The wife may not approve of that :)

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    brg's are the most baller of all miatas and trigger testosterone production resulting in increased fertility and increased sexual attraction. Don't be surprised if women offer themselves to you in traffic, hourly.

I drove it on 75 up in plano yesterday with the top down and I drove it for a little bit on 75 this morning with the top down...

Congrats!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    This is all too true.

Congradulations!!!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Pictures at last:

http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/x...albumview=grid

I included a picture of the left rear quarter panel damage...

I don't know how to post the images in the thread...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    I don't know how to post the images in the thread...
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/payments.php?

Congrats!

Are those bullet holes?!
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Who knows where this car has been in the last 18 years and how many bank robberies it's been involved in :)

According to Homer Simpson those are speed holes. You should try them out sometime :) I think they tried to pull out some dents and then gave up. I'm going to try to clean that up a bit, get rid of the rust, and put some paint on it to keep it from getting worse... same goes for a few other spots on the car...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...