Thread: Sunburst! $1800

Default Sunburst! $1800

Ohhhh, Sunny has a twin!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I think Gary needs another Yellow 92
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Me want.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Just got back from looking at this car. I was hoping it would of be one of those hidden gems. But its more of a diamond in the rough!

Overall its in real rough shape. Engine seemed to run fine (rebuilt recently), brakes sucked, suspension is shot. Airbag light is on, most likely because it was in some sort of a front end collision (hood and front fenders looked to be aftermarket).

Hail damage on trunk and hood, front bumper and right fender has light damage. Paint is shot overall, rear bumper is a very pale whitish yellow beyond restoring (along with the mirrors). Rear window in trashed (taped together). This car lived outside for 17 years and it shows.

So if you want a good fixer-upper then this might be the car for you. Really needs a total repaint and every body panel needs some work. Didn't go over the interior in much detail other than the leather steering wheel is toast.

Considering what good condition Sunbursts go for this might be an OK deal @1,800 if you put a couple/three thousand bucks back into it, but it is far from being a nice car as is.

I hate when a car looks mint and its a piece...

the other day I drove out to paris texas for a cj7 in mint shape

needed a rebuilt carb, driveshaft put back in, new tires, windows reinstalled, and it hadnt been inspected in 13 years lol

that was only 6 hours worth of driving with cash in hand
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...miata/don3.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...miata/don1.jpg
    99 miata 62k miles, only mod is tenzo rs-5 17 inch wheels, and black robbins top

Thanks for the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Just got back from looking at this car. I was hoping it would of be one of those hidden gems. But its more of a diamond in the rough!

Well considering nice ones go for a premium of upward of 6 grand, this still might be a good deal for $1800 if you had the resources to restore it.

If this wasn't a Sunburst it would be a sub $1K car. Perfect for a Spec tub or even a Lemons car (its starting off with the appropriate color).

Any word on the title? Clear vs. Salvage?
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

As far as I know this car has a clear tile.

The lady selling the car is the original owner's daughter and she has the title. The original owner (her dad) was going to trade the car in on a new Miata a couple of years ago, but gave the car to her son since the trade-in was next to nothing. If you are interested respond to her ad, she is good at getting back with her emails.

Bumping this thread from the dead, but I just wanted to introduce myself, I bought this Miata as my daily driver while my S4 is getting tore up. I've been out of town for about 10 months so I had my mechanic pick it up for me, I just took it for my first drive today.. it was a blast!

Plans as of now are to get a black hardtop and some tires for my team dynamics wheels so it doesn't look so Corky Romano.. I haven't decided if I'll make this a spec racer or not, still doing some research. It does need some TLC, but hopefully we'll make it shine again real soon

Glad it went to a good home. Congrats.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles