Thread: The worst Fnnn Tire in the entire world - Nitto NT450

Default The worst Fnnn Tire in the entire world - Nitto NT450

Let me Clarify. I had more wet traction with my bald race tires than the NT450s. This is the worst tire in the world and should be removed form DOT certification.

Does that sum it up?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Not quite sure how you really feel about this tire...

How can that be! Is Discount Tire lying to us....
    Quote Originally Posted by Discountire.com
    Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance

The word is out on the street, Nitto delivers performance and value. And the Nitto 450 is an exciting blend of performance and practicality. All-season tread features combine with high-speed stability, durability and excellent curb appeal to give you great service all year round.

•Unidirectional tread design delivers wet weather performance, dry traction and smooth ride.

•Double-V tread not only looks extreme but combines lateral slits and slanted grooves that enhance wet traction and resist hydroplaning.

•Advanced tread compound delivers excellent handling with no sacrifice in wear or traction in the rain or snow.

•High modulus carcass, a jointless cap ply and extremely hard filler ensures superior handling and smooth ride.

•Available in a wide range of sizes from 15" to 18" and profiles from 35 to 55 series. V- or Z-rated depending on size.

did you buy them? about the only thing they are good for is lasting forever and drifting, as they never wear out and have no traction.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I think I once suggested that you'd be better off wrapping a bunch of duct tape around your wheels than buying Nittos.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I think I once suggested that you'd be better off wrapping a bunch of duct tape around your wheels than buying Nittos.
    I've got a ton of gaffer's tape... perhaps we should have some empirical data to back this claim up!

the nitto neogen's are pretty sweet. grip is insane.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I had a set of these on my Neon when it used to be a street driven car, and he's right, they suck, wet or dry! Still have them mounted on some wheels somewhere...or maybe I gave them away... don't care...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance

•Double-V tread not only looks extreme
    Yeah, but it LOOKS good! :P
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

I think that was the tire I had on my AWD Talon a few years back. They were slicker than owl sh*t but I still managed to wear them out in about a year. It was kind of fun smokin' all 4
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Oh! rest assured they are going up in a cloud of glory.

I bought the car with them on and had the idiocy to replace one when it corded out from towing.

A little bleach, a lot of boost and a new set of tires are in the works.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba