Thread: Seafoam, which line for the intake?

Default Seafoam, which line for the intake?

Just picked up a can of Seafoam. Which line is a good one to use to suck the Seafoam into the engine? 3/4 in the gas tank and 1/4 in the intake right?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

all of it in the intake, any line going to the intake will work

Less smoke than I thought, but the car does seem to run a little stronger and smoother.

Is it normal for the engine to smoke while you suck it in through the vacuum tube?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post

Is it normal for the engine to smoke while you suck it in through the vacuum tube?
    Yes

Yes lots and lots and lots of smoke is normal when sucking through the vaccum tube.

I fumigated the neighborhood this weekend as well. This time made way more smoke than last time. The wind picked up and completely covered my neighbors house. She's an 80yo lady living by herself, I thought for sure the cops would show up. Another soccer mom at the stop sign sat there for at least 5 minutes calling someone on her cell and giving me dirty looks like how dare I let my 'clunker' poision the envirionment. When I pulled out, I looked in my mirror and couldn't see the entire street, it was bad, I got pretty worried, but all is well now. Smoother idle and no more mosquitos!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

The more smoke means that more of the Seafoam is going out the tail pipe and not cleaning the engine. Done properly, it should only smoke a little and take up to 45 mins not 5 minutes then get the fire department called out. Professional shops use a resevoir with an IV set up to perform this service.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Driver

silly question from a newby...what the heck is seafoam and why do i want to make my miata smoke?
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!