Thread: Body Shop

Default Body Shop

Some of you might have seen it, some not. My GF backed into my car one morning while she was leaving for work. The hood is crumpled on the end and the bumper cover is scratched. I am not sure, but I think it will need a new hood, since aluminum is hard to fix and the dents are very near to the latch mech.

While it is getting fixed I want to pay a little extra to get the emblem shaved. The last time I had the front of the car fixed the body guy didnt want to do it saying it would have dimples from the holes. He did decent work at a decent price so I am thinking of taking it back to him, especially since we arent doing the insurance thing. Do any of you have a recommendation for a good body shop that wont take her to the cleaners? I would love to take it to a Lambo or Porsche shop, but I dont want to do that to her. So cheap is good, but good work is very important also. Thanks.

A1 paint and body in grandbury. definatley worth the drive, he does an awesome job.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Sharpie's neighbor in Denton does good work and was very fair to me regarding painting and replacing a fender that some dolt hit and ran.

You can get a new hood from Town North Mazda using the "Track Dog Discount".

I paid about $160 for a new fender and about $180 painted and installed. Pretty decent price and less than my deductible.

I'll see if I can dig up Brian # but it's Gene's Body Shop in Denton. Ask for Brian and tell him Chris Sharp's friend, William sent ya. He worked on my black Miata last month.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)