Thread: new to forum....What's up!

Driver

Default new to forum....What's up!

hello, new here to to forum am i(I don't really know why i whent Yoda), anyway, i've just paid off my '01 base model, no ABS, cloth seats, i love it!
    I'm planning on adding alot of lightness to it and building it up towards the dream of a speedster windsheild and no roof.
    It will be street legal and a daily driver (i know i'll need a helmet and prob a wetsuit!).

anyway, hello
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

Welcome.

Sorry to kill the dream, but I do not believe that it is legal to drive a car while wearing a helmet.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome. Have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Welcome!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Welcome.

Sorry to kill the dream, but I do not believe that it is legal to drive a car while wearing a helmet.
    He's killed a lot of dreams

Welcome to the madness.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome aboard.

Driver

REALLY, NO HELMET??? why not legal?

P.S. blackzx3....i've learned that no matter how expensive the cars get(yeah, i have two "hobby"cars, the miata and a '78 VW camper, fully re-built).....breathe a little.... DRUGS ARE BAD.....my cars have been less expensive and MUCH safer(no matter how hard i drive 'em....) than ALL of the drugs i have done in the past.....DRUGS ARE BAD.

P.P.S. wow....sorry 'bout that....just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by JDSM; 08-29-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: new info
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by jdcanadian View Post
    REALLY, NO HELMET??? why not legal?

P.S. blackzx3....i've learned that no matter how expensive the cars get(yeah, i have two "hobby"cars, the miata and a '78 VW camper, fully re-built).....breathe a little.... DRUGS ARE BAD.....my cars have been less expensive and MUCH safer(no matter how hard i drive 'em....) than ALL of the drugs i have done in the past.....DRUGS ARE BAD.

P.P.S. wow....sorry 'bout that....just my 2 cents.
    And you know all of this how....?

PPS Welcome

Driver

Default well, ok, you asked....

back in the day, i would eat, smoke, snort or whatever was required to get high.... after having my GF steal my car(loaded ZX2, except auto trans) twice, and "offering" herself for drugs, with me hooked on Krack Cocaine, i realized that i could use my money for something more productive than sitting hunched over a coffe table smokin' Rock all night.

i figure the $10K+ i spent(over two years) on the bus Vs. the $600 a week i would smoke/shove up my nose is alot cheaper too... and no matter what i did in the car, it would be better than the backache i got from sittin' hunched over all night.

btw, for those who have never done krack it is the most useless substance i've ever done, let me explain.
    you know when you have a few beers, you can sit around and enjoy your friends or the TV or whatever....Krack is simply a continuous smoking session, no fun, no giggling, no laughing, just more smoking, finnish one, load another...ALL NIGHT LONG.

OK, my heart rate is up talking about this stuff(it's been 8+ years since i quit, cold turkey) thats how strong it is, bad sh*t!!!!

anyway, i've been clean(that's "drug free" in addict talk)for years and it still haunts my everday life, a crack in the sidewalk, a rock(made of stone, the natural stuff made in volcanoes, etc) and the $20 bill in my pocket becon me to run down to dallas and get some. i'm not going though

i love my cars very much (Sterling('01 miata) and his older sister, Maya('78 VW westfalia Champagne II)) and i believe that they saved my life and continue to help me. the more i spend on the cars, the less i have for dope(although the temptation is under control, any smart addict will admit it never goes away).

CARS RULE!!!

btw, i was the most responcible druggy ever... i worked my *ss off(NEVER stole or whatever) to afford the dope for me and my girl(not knowing she was **cking for dope too)

DRUGS ARE BAD, PM me if you need help with them(quitting, not getting)

NEVER trust a junkie!

Erm... welcome.

Does anyone else feel a little bit uncomfortable now?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yup, I feel a bit squeamish. Glad you're clean!

How "canadian" are you anyway?

Good to hear someone else got off of that stuff. I have a video of me as a 3 y/o kid with my dad doing lines on the table while me and my brother are playing. Needless to say, I kind of grew up in that world, though I never did any of it myself.

On a happier note, welcome to the forums!

Driver

Default sorry for the discomfort...

...but i think if there's one person i can keep off the stuff, i've done good

Thanks for the welcome

btw, i still have not gotten an answer regarding the helmet thing...

As far as I remember, not that I can prove it at the moment, it is illegal to drive with a helmet on. I am guessing it has to do with lack of visibility, ie peripheral vision.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

State law has no current prohibition regarding helmets while operating a vehicle on a public roadway. 'Helmet' is only mentioned once in the Transportation Code, and it deals with all-terrain vehicles. The only other statute that comes close is TC 545.417, which handles persons or objects in the vehicle that obstruct the driver's view or interferes with the "driving mechanism."

No clue about city ordinances though. When in doubt, check with your local police station.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Driver

brilliant! thanks maverick, i don't know why i didn't think of it...

Quote Originally Posted by jdcanadian View Post
    after having my GF steal my car(loaded ZX2, except auto trans)

another ZXTuner?!?!?

Miata's seem to be the next project car, lol. there are about a half dozen people on here... myself, chase, jaqui, concerned.... and a few others....

long live the ZX2.

I wish I had of known that last night, sorry I couldn't stay longer
    Last edited by sxk122; 09-03-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: a
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driver

sorry to say, but i didn't tune the ZX2, i didn't have the cash. it was a fun car though, whent on a five(5)day road"trip" with my 2000(loaded sans auto) following PHISH, awesome drive....i had no money but my buddy hatted driving and knew i loved it! He paid for the ENTIRE TRIP, gas, food, tickets to the shows, beer et al...EVERYTHING!

PS the seats fold down to a nice sleeping possition, just pull into a rest stop and doze.

PPS on the tour, my first leg was from Mckinney texas(75969) to Toronto canada(L6J 6A in 21.5 hours....straight through....that car would "cruize" at about 80mph and up, very smooth and "swift"

Quote Originally Posted by bmcreider View Post
    As far as I remember, not that I can prove it at the moment, it is illegal to drive with a helmet on. I am guessing it has to do with lack of visibility, ie peripheral vision.
    The passenger however, can wear a helmet..... remember that? lol.