Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MT Mod - The Legend of Alder Circle

Suspension Modder

The saga continues...

I took the car back to see if the repairs could be repaired. With much hesitation, I left the car with Miata Technologies to determine why the rear main seal was leaking after it was replaced by them.. see pic below

I was called back 2 hours later and asked to come back to the shop to take a look. I was told that the oil was leaking from the front of the engine and blowing back. When asked if it could be leaking from the front and still coming from the weep hole, I was told that the weep hole was absolutely dry. Bear in mind, this was after I showed him the above picture..
    Basically, he did not want to pull the transmission to inspect, repair the work that he had done. So, I decided I was not going to get anywhwere with this sheister, so I told him to take my car off his lift and I would go elsewhere.

I went to TDR and those guys are great. They took the time to inspect the underside of my son's car while it was running and proved that the rear main seal is STILL, in fact, leaking. I am thinking I may tackle the front seals myself, but when I decide to have the rear main seal REDONE, I will definately take it to those guys.

BEWARE OF MIATA TECHNOLOGIES AND TOM MCGRATH.

Quote Originally Posted by Snide697 View Post
    ... sounds like a broken record! Sorry you did not read this board before you took your car over there! Live and learn!
    Gabriel

How is he still in business???
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    How is he still in business???
    Rumor was that he wasn't.

Suspension Modder

I plan on getting my money back for the total failure at Miata Technologies ..

Start the small claims court process tomorrow. Just have to shell out more cash to have all the work he supposedly did - redone...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I plan on getting my money back for the total failure at Miata Technologies ..

Start the small claims court process tomorrow. Just have to shell out more cash to have all the work he supposedly did - redone...
    Good luck! Keep us posted.

MIATATECHNOLOGIESSUCKS.COM is available if interested.

Since I work at the County Clerk's office these days, I checked into his DBA. Seems it expired a year ago and the 'Miata Technologies' trade name is available for anyone to register.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Since I work at the County Clerk's office these days, I checked into his DBA. Seems it expired a year ago and the 'Miata Technologies' trade name is available for anyone to register.
    Nothing like registering a trade name with nothing but bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Nothing like registering a trade name with nothing but bad reviews.
    True... but it can at least cause a little grief for him if he wants to continue to do business under that name.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Coincidentally, so is "Shitty Shitty Bang Bang".

I left the car with Miata Technologies to determine why the rear main seal was leaking after it was replaced by them...

I went to TDR and those guys are great. They took the time to inspect the underside of my son's car while it was running and proved that the rear main seal is STILL, in fact, leaking.
    Yep... TDR is a fine outfit - Gary & Co. certainly know their shit. The same can be said of Stevan and Miata Solutions. In fact, I would venture to guess that most of the folks on this board will be more helpful than Our Dear Friend Tom McGrath.

McGrath and MT are known thieves, yet the Lone Star Miata Club continues to patronize this guy and give him business. I guess that's why we've got two clubs in this town.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Don't be afraid to come out to a Wed Nite neet. We usually have a pretty nice turnout at Keller's Hamburgers on Northwest Highway, just east of 75. Keep an eye out HERE for more info.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-10-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    McGrath and MT are known thieves, yet the Lone Star Miata Club continues to patronize this guy and give him business.
    Not true, I think LSMC have seen the light too.
    Although I'm sure there are still some tom loyalist, I keep hearing "Don't get me started on Tom McGrath".

Oh and thanks for the props.

So Snide697 what made you take the car to Miata Technologies in the first place???

Suspension Modder

I did a search for Miata mechanics in Dallas and that place came up. I'm not sure why the search results didn't point me to this forum, though?

I plan on getting my money back, just going to take time, and MORE money.

Here is more BS he tried to feed me:

Your u-joints are bad and driving around with that driveshaft is dangerous. I can put a new one in for $600.

Your engine is a junkyard engine. I don't see any numbers on this engine. <this was while we were standing under the car on his lift and I was looking driectly up at the VIN plate>

Initially, I was going to have him do a timing belt, and hewas going to charge me an extra $40 labor to pull the air intake - because it is a Jackson Racing CAI.
    Avoid Miata Technologies

Driver

Default WOW! i have this guy's card

my buddy said MT was one of his buddies, and gave me his card... i learn something from you guy's every day

i've thrown away the card btw.
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by jdcanadian View Post
    my buddy said MT was one of his buddies, and gave me his card... i learn something from you guy's every day

i've thrown away the card btw.
    I hope you educated your buddy too.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

How fun would it be register that name to create a "new" Miata Technologies website...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    How fun would it be register that name to create a "new" Miata Technologies website...
    That's what I'm thinking too...register that name, and then sue him for using your name and for the bad rep he's giving to your name.

He'd probably win since he can show years worth of prior use.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast