Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MT Mod - The Legend of Alder Circle

Register then name and put up all the "horror" stories......... might save someone time and money down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow! Nice find Rogue!

I had thousands of $ of work done by MT (Basically MT did brake job, suspension work, and some other work). One of the parts "failed" and the car just broke down. Though MT made good on reinstalling a part, I had to end up getting 2 replacement tires from the thrown-off alignment (luckily Michelin/Goodrich honored warranty) and a full realignment. Now one of my brake assemblies is leaking.

Not sure if it's a result of the work and what to think about all the work that was done.

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I had thousands of $ of work done by MT (Basically MT did brake job, suspension work, and some other work). One of the parts "failed" and the car just broke down. Though MT made good on reinstalling a part, I had to end up getting 2 replacement tires from the thrown-off alignment (luckily Michelin/Goodrich honored warranty) and a full realignment. Now one of my brake assemblies is leaking.

Not sure if it's a result of the work and what to think about all the work that was done.
    Sight unseen...you got taken. Somehow, someway...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Sight unseen...you got taken. Somehow, someway...
    Glad I've found this site!

I wonder what happened to this guy. He came by TDR and we looked at the car. The transmission weep hole was leaking. Likely culprit was a bad rear main seal. We didn't go into it further because he was going to try and deal with MT further.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well looks like tom is trying to sell MT, and has taken his expertise to working Jaguars.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Well looks like tom is trying to sell MT, and has taken his expertise to working Jaguars.
    Everyone knows Jags are much less complicated than Miatae!

Suspension Modder

Decided to bite the bullet and took it too Eldorado Mazda. The problem ended up being the oil pan gasket, leaking from the rear into the trans housing. When they had the car up on the lift and the tranny/exhaust removed - they called me up there to take a look and VERIFY that, indeed, the oil pan gasket was leaking. Of course, this would have been painfully obvious to MT when they had to replace the rear main, yet they neglected to point it out to me. Instead, tried to pass off a "bad drive shaft" and the engine was not the original engine in the vehicle because the numbers were removed (Told me this when the car was on the lift, I was standing underneath the engine, staring at the VIN plate, grr)
    So, my son is happy with his Miata. Burns a little oil, maybe a quart a month. Have a pcv valve and new plugs to try. Just glad the leak is gone!!!
    Avoid Miata Technologies

The 4th unique reply on Google was this:

P0420 - '99 Miata -What Steps to Fix? - dfwmiata.com10 posts - 10 authors - Last post: Mar 8, 2008
    I'd rather have an epileptic, blind monkey hopped up on crack wielding a tire iron work on my Miata than ever let Miata Technologies touch ...
    forums.dfwmiata.com › Car TalkMiata Tech and Chat - Cached - Similar

Hopefully that will save someone else the "fun" of dealing with him.

RJ

PS: Sorry to use your thumb emoticon in this thread Titus!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123