Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSCBMWCCA Night Autocross and Autocross Event #7, 9/12 and 9/13, Mineral Wells

Anyone who is driving that way in the morning want to grab a bite before we head out that way? Say around 6:15 on this side of town?

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    Just go buy some twine to hold it down.
    LOL will that pass tech inspection????
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

This is horrible, but they didn't even DO a tech inspect on my car last time.

I felt like I was cheating...

I'd hate to pay 35 bucks then fail tech if they do it lol. I'm trying to fab something up right now
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

If there will be another NA there, try borrowing theirs. They will be running 2-3 Heats.

I put together a pretty good setup. It should pass tech. I'm going on ebay on payday and getting the proper OEM equipment.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I put together a pretty good setup. It should pass tech. I'm going on ebay on payday and getting the proper OEM equipment.
    As long as it's secure they won't care if the hold down is OEM or not. You should be fine.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Also, they will generally refund you if you fail tech. When in doubt, go to tech FIRST, then pay. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Did anyone do the night autox? I really wanted to do it, but this much rain seems like too much hassle for sliding around in the dark. I'm not good enough on dry pavement to try it in the dark on standing water. Still, it sounds like more fun than monkeys...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

IIRC The BMW guys require you to pre-register, no on site registration. And the night autox was for BMW club members only. I'm about to roll out that way for todays runs.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Enjoyable, but wet, course today.

Sorry to jeepinbanditrider about throwing 2 belts. Sucks...

I'm quite happy with my performance. Managed to keep my times dropping every run of the day.

No worries, I had a blast even though I didn't get to run my last three runs. It was interesting being able to push the car hard like that around a wet course.

Lucky for me I live close to there and made it home with no drama. I did an online order though O'Riley's and will be going to pick up my new belts shortly. It just had to break the belt I needed lol. I could have did without A/C and power steering but I kinda need those Alternator and Water pump thingies to be working, to be able to run my last runs lol

The AC/PS belt was still good they just got knocked off the pulleys when the v-belt snapped.

I was able to get some pics while I was waiting in the grid I'll post'em tonight. Sorry Cobalt I wasn't able to get any of your car since we were working different heats.

I never did find out my times. I'll just look at'em when they post'em on line.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Kumho XS at the wear bars SUCK in the rain. Driving home sucked even more. I need new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Kumho XS at the wear bars SUCK in the rain. Driving home sucked even more. I need new tires.
    At least you suck the best.

Thanks for the pics!

Good times. The rain wasn't as big of a problem as expected during competition, and we were done by 1:00!!! The drive back and forth was pretty bad though. Lots of standing water on the highway and lots of wrecked cars sitting on the side of the road.

Can't wait to get the diff in the car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I love the XS's but they suck in the rain no matter if they are at the wear bars or have full tread.

I probably just have no idea what I am talking about, but my XS's seemed pretty good out there.

Then again, I'm not all that fast!

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
    I probably just have no idea what I am talking about, but my XS's seemed pretty good out there.

Then again, I'm not all that fast!
    Yeah. Even car and driver rated them some of the worst performance tires in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Thanks for the pics!

Good times. The rain wasn't as big of a problem as expected during competition, and we were done by 1:00!!! The drive back and forth was pretty bad though. Lots of standing water on the highway and lots of wrecked cars sitting on the side of the road.

Can't wait to get the diff in the car.
    Yea you need that diff for safety.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast