Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Series?

Default Winter Series?

Any plans on having an autocross winter series? It could be on Saturday to avoid Football conflicts.

We have an event in November, and December is just too busy for everyone, but I would consider January and February. We start our normal season in March.

The TMS Bus Lot would be a no-go because of the price and lack of traction in cold weather. Perhaps one at PMS and one at MW? I still have to do the numbers to confirm it, but we could probably break even if we averaged 40 people per event at $20 each.

I don't think we have a dedicated enough group of autocrossers to pull off a winter series.

Driver

Bring on the ICE!

AWD FTW! (or is that AWD for the spin!)

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I don't think we have a dedicated enough group of autocrossers to pull off a winter series.

ok POS wipe off the negativity, I for one am in for Jan, Feb, and bet that we could do one in December. How many need a reason to be away from the fam for a bit on a lovely December saturday?

Make it pre-pay. Dec, Jan, Feb, $60 for all. Show or not the fees are covered. Walk ups $40. Make the courses more open to compensate for less grip. Plus cold air = more HP!
    Remember last year how cold and lonely you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    ok POS wipe off the negativity, I for one am in for Jan, Feb, and bet that we could do one in December. How many need a reason to be away from the fam for a bit on a lovely December saturday?
    If it drizzles, or is chilly, or some kid from Murphy decides at the last minute not make the long drive to MW I can see us not getting enough folks to show up and we still gotta pay for the site and insurance.

Do that a couple of times over the winter and I don't think we would be eligible for any bailout money to refill the coffers....

I am thinking that we could fill two 40-person events at PMS with the right price-point. I think that even if the weather might be cold, more people would be willing to make the trip to PMS than to MW.

The weather would be a crap-shoot -- it could be 60 and sunny or 30 and rainy/icy/snowy.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Make it pre-pay. Dec, Jan, Feb, $60 for all. Show or not the fees are covered. Walk ups $40. Make the courses more open to compensate for less grip. Plus cold air = more HP!
    Ya know that is just crazy enough it could work!

Hey this series might not be for everyone. If it is too cold stay home, in Murphy, and make tea while you pet your cat. Or man up and drive the winter series.
    Ice Course Autocrossers. Would spiked tires be allowed?

Any plans on having an autocross winter series? It could be on Saturday to avoid Football conflicts.
    Not that I would participate in Autocross, mainly because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO AUTOCROSS, but the best football is on Saturday!!!!!!!! Too many half-a$$ers playing pro ball these days....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Even if you have the money, you still need peeps to show up and work the course. Having them prepay is movitivation to show.

Holding them at PMS would lower the body count needed to run an event.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Even if you have the money, you still need peeps to show up and work the course. Having them prepay is movitivation to show.

Holding them at PMS would lower the body count needed to run an event.
    Less people the more you run the warmer you will be. Done.

Come on this is easy. I'm an executive, give me a tougher one.

Thumbs down No PMS!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW PMS..... Other than Mark52 does anyone actully like PMS anymore.

If it drizzles, or is chilly, or some kid from Murphy decides at the last minute not make the long drive to MW I can see us not getting enough folks to show up and we still gotta pay for the site and insurance.
    I'm not sure how I got dragged into this, but I'd rather autocross in January than August. The weather is usually a lot more comfortable.

BTW, I dig the prepay idea.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Not that I would participate in Autocross, mainly because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO AUTOCROSS...
    Alan, you really should drag yourself out to an event some day. It'll make you a better road racer!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I like this idea no refunds if you don't show or want to back out. I would rather go to mineral wells than PMS. We could wait to book the lot untill we have enough people to pay for them.

If we don't get enough people at an event to work course we could do fun runs/test and tune all day.

Driver

Prepay is a good idea I think.

I wish Pennington International Motor Speedway was twice the size

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Prepay is a good idea I think.

I wish Pennington International Motor Speedway was 4X the size
    fixed. I would probably be interested in attending but PMS sucks and MW is far. Will there at least be hot funnel cakes?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW PMS..... Other than Mark52 does anyone actully like PMS anymore.
    I note a PMS fan, but remember how cold MW can be in March?

Imagine it in Jan & Feb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast