Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When good threads go bad

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Just watching everyones back!
    I for one, appreciate it POS. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Your Welcome!

Plus he called us a
    Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Buncha Cone Smacking Punks!
    We need that on a sticker! "Buncha Cone Smacking Punks!"

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hey, they're droptop's wheels. He can try to sell them for whatever he wants. Whether he'll find a buyer at that price remains to be seen...
    Iain
    Very true, but the history on the wheels in question need to be considered. I didn’t want to see him try and pull a fast one on one of my friends.

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone and I fail to see how I aquired them matters.

I got lucky with a guy giving away some practically brand new wheels. Why can't I try to make some money on them? You make it sound like I'm trying to pull a fast one, which I'm not.

It's one thing to screw someone over by selling them an over-priced piece of junk. All I was trying to do was make a few honest $$$ off of some clean OEM wheels. I didn't steal the wheels. They were given to me. Whether they were given to me by a friend, a stranger, or I paid for them it doesn't matter. Well, they're not for sale (at least to anyone in DFW) since everyone thinks I'm a creep if I try to sell them for a fair price.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Your Welcome!

Plus he called us a
    That WAS a joke. I hope y'all saw that. :P
    ...and across the line.

Your Welcome!

Plus he called us a
    That WAS a joke. I hope y'all saw that. :P
    Yep!

Respectfully,
    A Cone Smacking Punk

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I got lucky with a guy giving away some practically brand new wheels. Why can't I try to make some money on them?
    OK, I'll bite. I don't think anyone has a problem with you making some money on them. The thing is we're not a bunch of strangers on this board. Most of us know and like each other...ya' know, like friends. We respect each other. If that's how you would like to be treated by your friends keep going down the path you're on. More power to ya'. I hope you get $500 for them.

Hey, they're droptop's wheels. He can try to sell them for whatever he wants. Whether he'll find a buyer at that price remains to be seen...
    Iain
    Very true, but the history on the wheels in question need to be considered. I didn’t want to see him try and pull a fast one on one of my friends.

I don't know that he's "trying to pull a fast one" on anybody...

Heck, POS - if you or I came about a free set of wheels, we'd likely try to sell them for as much as we could, too (I know I would). However, we probably wouldn't try to sell them where their history was known... in order to avoid being accused of "trying to pull a fast one". :P

Whether he paid $0 or $1000 for the set in question, they're still worth the same amount on the open market. Which, in this case, is likely considerably less than $350, no matter how he came about them.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

[interjection] Ok, so maybe not in the spirit of Cheap Bastard Racing, but if anyone comes across some 16" SSR comp's for sale somewhere drop me a note! [interjection]
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

350 for free wheels? You can almost get USED Rota's for that much, just check honda-acura.net, honda-tech.com, or vwvortex.com

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Heck, POS - if you or I came about a free set of wheels, we'd likely try to sell them for as much as we could, too (I know I would). However, we probably wouldn't try to sell them where their history was known... in order to avoid being accused of "trying to pull a fast one". :P

Iain
    It's that darn Internet altiain!

You just never know when some cheap bastards or maybe a Cone Smacking Punk has knowledge of the great price you got on something. Let say for example $0.00, then you see those same something reappear for $350.00 which far exceeds going market value. It just forces your run of the mill cheap bastards or Cone Smacking Punk to throw up a warning flag for your peeps.

Here is the flag ->

OK, I told you all I didn't know the going rate of OEM 14" Wheels.

I threw the $350 out there because...

1. Everyone dickers on the price.
    2. Per Miata.net classifieds !5" rims go for no less than $400 from what I've seen. 90-93 Rims go for less than $200 but the 94+ 14" seem to go for @ $350. The 14" BBS go for @ $500 and the 15" BBS for $800-$1000.
    3. I wasn't planning on listing them but someone asked a price so I threw one out there off the top of my head of what I'd like to get for them without knowing going rates, etc...
    4. You don't have to buy them.
    5. They are now NOT for sale. :P
    6. I'm done with this conversation. If you want to think I'm a creep, oh well... Seems you guys get your panties in a wad WAY to easily.
    ...and across the line.

OK, I told you all I didn't know the going rate of OEM 14" Wheels.

I threw the $350 out there because...

2. Per Miata.net classifieds !5" rims go for no less than $400 from what I've seen. 90-93 Rims go for less than $200 but the 94+ 14" seem to go for @ $350. The 14" BBS go for @ $500 and the 15" BBS for $800-$1000.
    You know as well as the rest of us that pointies will pay anything, ANYTHING, no matter how insane the price. FWIW, the 94-97 hollow wheels bring that much, the 99+ 5-spokes aren't as sought after and typically don't go for as much as the earlier 7-spoke ones.... The BBS's are the only 2 wheels that I see spending as much as some people do, however I doubt I'll ever get to own another set again
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Now now, gentlemen, let's not get into an argument over used parts pricing - we all know what that can lead to... although hopefully not on this board.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey Drop Top you have to know the boys. Part of being a member of the Cheap Bastard Club is if they know you got something really cheap or free they want to get it for the same price (ie they want it free too), that's their way of dickering with you.

This is a legit topic in the forum, used part pricing. No one has gotten there PANTIES in a wad. No one over reacted William. Don't turn this around that someone else did something wrong. If anything just apologize and leave it at that.

Chris

6. I'm done with this conversation. If you want to think I'm a creep, oh well... Seems you guys get your panties in a wad WAY to easily.

$350 OBO generally translates as follows:

"The first person who puts $350 in crisp bills in my hand will walk away with these wheels. Otherwise, I'll accept offers, and when enough time has passed or an offer is interesting enough, I'll sell them. It may also mean, I'm not really that interested in selling them, but if the price is right, they're yours."

It rarely means "I'm gonna cheat you guys out of every penny I can and I won't take a penny less than $350 for these wheels."

Please remember this definition. It will save you stomach acid, and prevent forum pollution... Plus, I'll be happier.

Xxx xxx xxxxxx.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    $350 OBO generally translates as follows:

"The first person who puts $350 in crisp bills in my hand will walk away with these wheels. Otherwise, I'll accept offers, and when enough time has passed or an offer is interesting enough, I'll sell them. It may also mean, I'm not really that interested in selling them, but if the price is right, they're yours."

It rarely means "I'm gonna cheat you guys out of every penny I can and I won't take a penny less than $350 for these wheels."

Please remember this definition. It will save you stomach acid, and prevent forum pollution... Plus, I'll be happier.

God has spoken.
    Thank you :)
    ...and across the line.

Thank you :)
    Hmmm it seems that it took an act of God to get you out of that hole you dug. Sometimes you just got to know when to quit.

Hey DT, I bought a set of 99 14's with tires (crappy tires) for 200, I sold them without tires to Mokkers for 150. The going market is about 200 if you want to be realistic. The 94-97 14's are worth more due to the lighter weight than the 99's.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmiata
    Hey DT, I bought a set of 99 14's with tires (crappy tires) for 200, I sold them without tires to Mokkers for 150. The going market is about 200 if you want to be realistic. The 94-97 14's are worth more due to the lighter weight than the 99's.
    Kewl...

Like I said, I had no idea. I may keep them for race tyres then.
    ...and across the line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12