Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Trifecta Is Complete

Default The Trifecta Is Complete

First Carazzie and then Juxt3r. Now me.

I left FedEx and was on my way to Track Dog. Driving south on Plano Road I was approaching a solid green light at Renner. In other words it had not nor was about to change any time soon.

As I approach the intersection a red Toyota Tacoma ran the red light going west.

I tried to avoid him but impacted my right front corner into his right rear wheel. I spun him and flipped him on the side. My car drove away from the scene to TDR after I borrowed some straps from Gary. Miatas are safe!

It looks like this one may total it. We'll see what the insurance company says.

Luckily there are several witnesses that saw I had the green and he blasted through the red. Witnesses report he was on his cell phone.

I'm ok but sore. Going to doc to be on the safe side.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Ouch..... glad you are OK!

Ouch. Glad to hear you're ok, William!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Chassis Designer

Wow, that sux. I was just on Renner Rd Saturday...

Your "teeny tiny Miata" sure put the smack down on mr big dog pickup! Looks like you came out ahead. I'd sue that jackhole until you had a new Carrera 4S out of the deal! Emotional pain & suffering and all that. :P

That'll buff right out.

Actually, I would have expected to see the top in a bind or open. My mom hit about like that and pushed over a concrete barier trying to avoid an idiot who merged on the highway and cut her off, then imediately slammed on his brakes trying to get her to hit him.

Glad you are okay.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

OUCH! I'm sorry to see that man
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Wow. Looks like your car won that fight. Glad you are okay.

Wow good to hear your OK. That could have been real bad. Your car has had a rough year. :-\ maybe its just time to upgrade
    Blah blah blah!

Yikes, glad to hear you are ok. It does look like all the extra weight helped you in that confrontation.

Glad you are OK and double-glad you flipped that jackass.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Ahh man, so sad, I always loved your car, those pictures hurt...

Anyway, glad you made it out ok, good luck with the insurance. For my wife's reference, how did the lack of an airbag change things? (Im about to pull the airbag in my car, wife's nervous about it)

Your car looks great for that kind of collision. My friend got hit last week on the rear corner of his big ass GMC by a Jeep Cheroke that never hit her brakes, and that thing was destroyed, he got spun but monor damage. It's nice to see the miata in such good shape after a collision like this.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 10-05-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Damn, that's some carnage. What speeds were involved? Glad you're okay, but it sounds like its time to subpoena some cellphone records to me. If they did that everytime there was an accident and awarded treble damages there would be alot less of this crap.

Man that SUCKS!

Glad you're okay... I'm sorry that damn Tacoma didn't burst into a fiery inferno...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

That really sucks. Glad you are OK.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Is that where your car came to a stop?? It looks like it's westbound from the chalk on the pavement.

Bummer. Glad you are OK. So I guess you may not be buying that hood from me?

Man, sorry to see this happen. Glad to hear you're ok BR.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Glad that you're OK! Some of these butts should never been allowed to be on the road! Lets hope that there is not frame damage and a few new parts and is good as new. Do you have the receipts for all those aftermarket parts?
    Gabriel

Glad you're ok William.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Default Glad your OK

This is getting crazy. Glad your OK.
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast