Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyota's FT-86 concept

F Toyota.

That is all.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

These are the same executives that created the recall problem that have. Penny wise and pound foolish! They would rather produce an inferior product than making cars that people really want to drive and proud to own. I think Toyota is heading down the same road GM been on the last 20 years!
    Gabriel

I'm with Miatamaniac92 on this one
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I'll go on to say that this would've been the top contender for first brand new car ordered from the factory.

:still fuming:

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

While I'm not thrilled with this news. keep in mind that they're only talking about a $3k increase in MSRP per model. They're still estimating that the top range model will retail for $26k. As long as it has a decent power/weight ratio, I don't think that's a deal breaker.

For comparison's sake, the starting price of the RX-8 is over $27k, and the range topiing R3 is almost $33k. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe starts at $22k (but is a lot heavier and less powerful than the RX-8 ), and tops out at $30,500. I see these cars as the two most direct competitors to the FT-86.

I don't think a mid-$20k price tag is going to kill this car at all.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

interior fail.

i like the nose of the car, but i hate the ass end ( just like the 2010 mustangs), and remember guys... this is the concept. before all the crazy safety regulations come into play that would be needed to come to the american market. not to mention the emissions qualifications that would be needed to come over here, and the simple fact that when a vehicle is brought over the the USA, we get the shit end of the stick when it comes to the choices of them. for Ex. we have the Honda Civic Si and Mugen Si, yet in japan and even Brittan, they have the Honda Civic Type R and the Civic Mugen RR, both of which have more power and better handleing abilitys than the shit ass stupid VW Bettle loooking Si thats here in america.

F'ing Toyota. Trust them to take a potentially exciting car and turn it into a Prius or something.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    F'ing Toyota. Trust them to take a potentially exciting car and turn it into a Prius or something.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Hmmm.... Make it RWD, add a roll bar, and price it under $15k and I might consider it. Nah... never mind... it's still a Yaris.

Toyota is turning into the 'GM from Japan'! Hiring dam too many accountants and marketing managers instead of engineers!
    Gabriel

isn't this what was suppose to be the new supra?

price and power-wise it's in the same market as the genesis coupe.
    personally, i don't see what all the hype is about...
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Both subaru and toyota will have this car....eww.

Quote Originally Posted by CHeavin_2006 View Post
    isn't this what was suppose to be the new supra?

price and power-wise it's in the same market as the genesis coupe.
    personally, i don't see what all the hype is about...
    No it's suppose to the be the second coming of the Corrolla. On that note make mine a Scooby!
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

does anyone else see styling ques from the new tc?

Default Look what happened! (Click Pic)

Scion FR-S for the US. I'd still buy it. I have a feeling it'll be the most expensive scion model available.
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast