Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POS American car strikes again (My Miata rear ended again)

Default POS American car strikes again (My Miata rear ended again)

And this time, it's a lot worse than being hit at 40mph with the brakes off...

And it was in a parking lot.

But the guy came home eventually and fessed up after I'd assumed hit and run.

Too bad the unibody is seriously F'd in the trunk area. I do hope it is not totalled. I've already made the claim on his state farm, and I hope they treat me right.

Last edited by sammm; 10-13-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: no F bombs in public forum please...
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

All i can say is Ridiculous.

I am seriously scared to drive a miata now. Hope you get put back together the way you want.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What the hell is going on lately? This is getting ridiculous!!!

Damn that POS!!!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I drive an American car daily. Worse, it's a truck.

Seriously, sorry to see the damage.

WOW. So you were parked and some moron hit your car?

Thats unreal. At least he owned up to it eventually.

Homophobic young males with tiny dicks in their big trucks strike again!

Seriously, sorry to see this epidemic of miatacide.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Damn that POS!!!
    My POS American car was at the world headquarters in it's protective bubble so I got no clue what you darn kids are talking about!

bmcreider how many time has that poor car been hit??

That sucks man
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Driver

Not the car's fault. I think it's the POS driver that's the issue here.

At least he manned up and claimed the damage. A lot of people these days wouldn't have!

Brett, I don't know if you remember, but a good while back my dad's 91 Accord got rear ended by a truck - smashed both tail lights, the panel, the rear bumper, and trunk lid, unibody got smashed a bit on the corners behind the lights- a little over $2200 in damage all said and done (on a car that cost us $5000 to purchase) and they didn't total it. I don't think they would total yours.

POS: This is the 4th time it's been hit.

Maan: Good point.

And I do think my guys with little dicks and trucks theory is proven - because the guy in the truck was maybe 5'4" or so
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

State Farm is trying to total my green miata for the price of paint on a hardtop. They're being idiots though and writing shit like 5-hours to "install" the hardtop after they paint it.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

My body shop doesn't seem to think it is totaled - but I suppose that decision is up to State Farm.

I don't think it is totalled but that is just from the one picture. None the less it sucks you just had it fixed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    State Farm is trying to total my green miata for the price of paint on a hardtop. They're being idiots though and writing shit like 5-hours to "install" the hardtop after they paint it.
    Must have hired
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

The bad thing about body work is that it will never be the same again! This morning this moron merging from the entrance ramp in downtown Big D and try to cut me off. I held my speed and claim my rightful sport on the road. This dick than flashed and horned at me. What a small dick! Since when the moving traffic has to yield to the merging traffic!
    Gabriel

I hear you but sometimes I'd rather let the other guy be right and keep my sheetmetal intact. There are cases when you get to chose between being "wrong" and being crunched. I can get over the former much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    I hear you but sometimes I'd rather let the other guy be right and keep my sheetmetal intact. There are cases when you get to chose between being "wrong" and being crunched. I can get over the former much easier.
    I agree. Get the hell out of their way. It's not worth getting killed over.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast