Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Storm...

Default Blackberry Storm...

I just got a new phone, its a Blackberry Storm. What kind of aps are all of the cool kids using? Hopefilly I can begin to use it for scheduliing meetings.:)
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    What kind of aps are all of the cool kids using?
    All the cool kids are using iPhones. 
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    All the cool kids are using iPhones. 
    I know, but I'm locked with verizon right now.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    I know, but I'm locked with verizon right now.
    iphone + jailbrake = any network.

and not all the cool kids have iphone, most people with apple products are very uncool.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    most people with apple products are very uncool.

iPhone sucks. Try typing on it. Perhaps jeff_man is posting from an iPhone?

Get a BlackBerry for email.
    Get an iTouch for games, music, and movies.
    If you drain the battery on the iTouch you still have a phone and email.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    iphone + jailbrake = any network.
    Uh, = any GSM network. A jailbroken iPhone doesn't gain CDMA compatibility.

I have no problems typing on my iPhone, worked well for me from day 1. The battery was a nuisance until the 'newness' wore off and I started using it "normally" rather than playing with my new iPhone constantly. Mileage varies obviously.
    Last edited by Version3; 10-28-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typing errors... surprising?
    Bryan
    1991 Mariner Blue | I Hate Everything

Should've waited for Droid. That way you could hate on both iPhones and Blackberrys.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

I was thinking about getting a bag phone. J/K
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Should've waited for Droid. That way you could hate on both iPhones and Blackberrys.
    Looks like it puts my ole g1 to shame, i want it. ha.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I was thinking about getting a bag phone. J/K
    That's a step up from my 2 tin cans and string.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I somewhat agree. I droped my old phone in coffee and needed a new phone quickly. I did not want to sign a new two year contract today, get a new phone and then in a few weeks really want the newest phone. So I got this off of ebay for not alot of $$$. I may buy a better phone later, but I needed a phone now.

HTC Dream, aka T-Mobile G1 here.

Love it, but it doesn't have the power I really want. Looking forward to buying an upgraded version whenever one hits.

Best feature is that it has all the capabilities of the iPhone with a full keyboard and a BlackBerry trackball. It basically has an input for whatever you prefer.

Driver

I just returned my week old HTC Touch Pro 2 and got a new BlackBerry Tour (I had a Curve previously).

The TP2 was way too heavy, slow, etc. and simply wasn't about getting things done. And it's battery life sucked.

With the blackberry I can do what I need to do about 10x faster.

The Droid's form factor sucks. The flipping/sliding thing really got old on the TP2. Especially for short conversations like text messaging (on screen keyboards SUCK, including the iPhones).

I just recently dumped my Curve 8900 for a MyTouch 3G, aka HTC Magic, and so far I love it. I'm still getting used to the onscreen keyboard (it got a lot better when I replaced Google's shoddy work with the HTC keyboard), and yes, the battery life sucks, but I'm much more productive with it.

I'm kinda miffed that the Moto Cliq came out a few days after I got the MyTouch, but I'm not a fan of MotoBlur, so it's not all bad. I still wish I could've gotten a Droid though.

Someday, the US cellphone market will make sense and let me take whatever phone I want to whichever carrier I want. You know, like Europe has been doing for years...
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

It will be a while before that happens. Verizon and Sprint have way too much money invested in CDMA to want to up and move over.

The only thing I do not like about my HTC Dream is that I only get 2G on it, as I am an AT&T customer.

Advantage there is that I convinced AT&T to give me unlimited 2G for $10/month, seeing as how they didn't have to amortize a phone's price. :)

Personally, I prefer CDMA technology over GSM. GSM causes way too much interference on PA systems and the like.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

GSM handsets use more power to transmit/receive as well. The towers are more expensive for the carriers on cell networks as well (though the more frequent appearance of CDMA towers would make a network a 'wash' to some degree). This is an issue when a problematic coverage area is identified.

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
    It will be a while before that happens. Verizon and Sprint have way too much money invested in CDMA to want to up and move over.
    At least there is a plan for this when it comes to Verizon. 4G is planned via LTE for both our nation's largest CDMA and GSM carriers, so once that's propagated (and probably overloaded as well) to most coverage areas, the technical ability should be available. That won't stop the marketing agreements to create the kind of subsidies and lengthy (and costly!) contracts we see now... that will likely never go away.
    Bryan
    1991 Mariner Blue | I Hate Everything

Default Remember... iPhones are loaded with technology.

90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast