Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #9 & #10 - Mineral Wells, 11/7/2009 & 11/8/2009

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    What was the diff. between Sat. and Sun.? I saw a slalom with the first pointer on the other side. Anything else?
    Well there was a long delay as we all waited for a certain Yellow Z06 to finish all its runs.

Oh wait I believe you may have seen that on Saturday also.

Well I am happy to report that both of our cars made it home on their own power!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Well I am happy to report that both of our cars made it home on their own power!
    So what was causing all the smoke out of the Honda??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Oil.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Oil.
    But normally the oil stays in the motor.

Must have been Amsoil.

Davidss's CRX run #1

Talking

But normally the oil stays in the motor.
    Is it a rotary?

One of the main issues is that the dipstick's rubber stopper was broken and had moved. So when we topped off the motor it was at least a quart over. Then there is a breather box on the back of the block which just sucks oil up into the PCV system.

One of the main issues is that the dipstick's rubber stopper was broken and had moved. So when we topped off the motor it was at least a quart over. Then there is a breather box on the back of the block which just sucks oil up into the PCV system.
    You should get a Miata.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You should get a Miata.
    I think his wife wants a PRHT like Steve E's wife bought!

That was a nice looking car.

That blue paint color is fantastic!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    That blue paint color is fantastic!
    It's a fun car and she loves it. It used to be that I did all the driving & she was content to ride. Now I live in the side saddle when she wants to go somewhere....

I'll have to check that invoice again to see who actually "bought" it....

Steve E

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Is it a rotary?
    Jerry said the new motor had more torque. After the first run I realized they had installed a diesel....

Well there was a long delay as we all waited for a certain Yellow Z06 to finish all its runs.

Oh wait I believe you may have seen that on Saturday also.

That's getting real old. I can understand it once but it seems like every event, and it's not fair to the other 40 people at the event. We need a 2 min. rule. If there are no cars at the start line for 2 min. the heat is over.

Fun event! I love Mineral Wells! Not sure about the 2 day format.
    Last edited by Robert; 11-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That's getting real old. I can understand it once but it seems like every event, and it's not fair to the other 40 people at the event. We need a 2 min. rule. If there are no cars at the start line for 2 min. the heat is over.

Fun event! I love Mineral Wells! Not sure about the 2 day format.
    Rules dictate 5 minutes between runs. I assure you we are working as fast as possible to get out there as quickly as possible. We don't want to hold up the event anymore than anyone else would. It's not like we're over there shootin the shit.

I'd like to see any other two driver team comply with a 2 minute rule. That's just ridiculous.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I think we're overdoing it with a 2 minute rule. The delays are a bit tedious, but I know they aren't the only 2-driver team that's finished later than the 1-driver cars on several occasions. I think grid has to keep the pace moving reasonably, and if there is a major delay (more than 5 minutes after your slot comes open), you just miss your run. Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water over 10 minutes of our lives. Foley is a great competitor and good for the sport. Not too many 2008 Z06's showing up to our events.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I would definitely agree there have been some issues. Sometime it's my fault for poorly balancing the heats, sometimes the 2 driver cars are being laggy, but this weekend it was a simple issue of numbers. On Saturday over 40% of drivers were in 2 driver cars! As long as we're sticking with the scca run style there isn't much you can do with that many 2 driver cars!

But this is an issue that needs to be brought to attention. So the next time you see Andy Cost let him know. But keep in mind that this is a 'club' so what we really need are volunteers to work grid and keep things flowing...

I will work grid. I will need a collapsible baton. We will not have any issues with grid.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

But this is an issue that needs to be brought to attention. So the next time you see Andy Cost let him know. But keep in mind that this is a 'club' so what we really need are volunteers to work grid and keep things flowing...
    At Saturday's event we didn't have enough people for a grid person in either heat. We were self-gridding. I agree that a whole event shouldn't have to come to a stop waiting for 1 or 2 cars to finish their runs. The mod guys are famous in that regard.

Perhaps we make Driver-1 drive in Heat-1, Driver-2 in Heat-2.

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Rules dictate 5 minutes between runs. I assure you we are working as fast as possible to get out there as quickly as possible. We don't want to hold up the event anymore than anyone else would. It's not like we're over there shootin the shit.

I'd like to see any other two driver team comply with a 2 minute rule. That's just ridiculous.

Jeremy, I think it's only fair that you should complain about how long it takes some of the others to get around the course! At least team Banana Boat's actual runs are over with quicker than anyone elses... Unless you count the amount of time it takes to put the course back together after each one! LOL!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast