Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #9 & #10 - Mineral Wells, 11/7/2009 & 11/8/2009

Talking

The judges were unanimous in their decision and the award goes to mwortham!

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Rules dictate 5 minutes between runs. I assure you we are working as fast as possible to get out there as quickly as possible. We don't want to hold up the event anymore than anyone else would. It's not like we're over there shootin the shit.

I'd like to see any other two driver team comply with a 2 minute rule. That's just ridiculous.

I will agree that this weekend had small heats and it's tough on 2 driver cars, but it has happend far to often at other events and it's not fair to the corner workers. Doing setup it does not effect me very much. Maybe you can run in different heats when we have a small turnout.

Again, there seem to be plenty of reasonable solutions to this, but lets not put all the blame on the Yellow Vette. It has happened many times with other drivers too. It sounds like splitting-up the runs, more planning in grid/run order and maybe a miss-it-lose-it rule can solve all these issues. It is good for this to be discussed rather than just grousing about it. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Again, there seem to be plenty of reasonable solutions to this, but lets not put all the blame on the Yellow Vette. It has happened many times with other drivers too. It sounds like splitting-up the runs, more planning in grid/run order and maybe a miss-it-lose-it rule can solve all these issues. It is good for this to be discussed rather than just grousing about it. :)
    I think you will do great things for the North Texas Region.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    The judges were unanimous in their decision and the award goes to mwortham!

Woohoo! Another trophy! (all of my other ones are jokes too)

Foley is right about the 5 minute rule for 2 driver cars....

I just would like to apologize on behalf of Chris Fleming and myself for keeping everyone out there a little bit longer as well on Saturday...The first heat was ended before we took our final PAX runs. I never like to be the reason corner workers are out there longer. We did a flying driver change at the start line to cut down on time.
    Last edited by S.F. Maxcy; 11-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

[QUOTE=ratt_finkel;194053]Rules dictate 5 minutes between runs. QUOTE]

Not that it matters & isn't really the issue here, but ER doesn't have the "5 minutes between drivers" rule.

That's from SCCA rules.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

While we are on the subject what about the kid karts and not working. I'm thinking about buying one................

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    While we are on the subject what about the kid karts and not working. I'm thinking about buying one................
    The kids do course setup.

You can get a cart Ben but keep in mind they don't offer a novice class.....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The good news is some are automatics!

Dammit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm so in then!

Driver

I actually like doing course setup. I don't like getting there that early and rushing to get the car setup, but I actually think it helps me since I walk the course more.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Makes me wish I was there
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

OK! Well enough of the negativity!

Lets all laugh at me hitting 4 Cones!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hB4I8JDMA

And Jon sawing away at the wheel like he's a drifter!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seiD5sb4DLg
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    That's getting real old. I can understand it once but it seems like every event, and it's not fair to the other 40 people at the event. We need a 2 min. rule. If there are no cars at the start line for 2 min. the heat is over.

Fun event! I love Mineral Wells! Not sure about the 2 day format.

We are doing it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutJon View Post
    They even admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutJon View Post

I have worked a corner with you when one of the mod cars were taking his sweet time making his last runs and you were as mad as anyone.

I tried to not comment any more but I had to make one last comment. I will not comment about this again on the forum before it gets out of hand the way things tend to do on forums.

Talking

How about the corner workers each get to take a fun run in one of the offending driver's cars while the offending drivers work the corners?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234