Thread: High Clutch Pedal

Default High Clutch Pedal

My neighbor got his daughter a '91. He asked me to take it for a run yesterday and it is a solid little car.

But the clutch didn't engage until you were way up on the pedal?

Why? It isn't loosing any fluid level in the clutch reservoir and engages in the same place every time.

I recall something about a adjusting the pickup point but the interweb is letting me down this morning. How do you adjust it down a bit lower on the pedal?

TIA

Sounds like the clutch is just about worn out. The hydraulic clutch should be self-adjusting, to a point. Shouldn't it?

Have you tried a search?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Previous owner gave them a stack of receipts one we found was for a clutch about 10,000 miles ago.

It was done at Town North so chances are good it was really replaced rather than if that receipt had been from Miata Technologies.

There are a couple of rods near the top of the clutch pedal assembly. Scootch one toward the pedal and the other away from it, retighten them, and see whatcha think.
    I imagine the worst part of the procedure for you tall folks is actually getting to the area of adjustment. Shouldn't be any huge deal, though.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Blog Entries

1. The clutch master cylinder pushrod is located at the top of the pedal arm and goes through the firewall. Loosen the lock nut on the pushrod and turn the rod to shorten it in the bracket and retighten the locknut. It is easier to do if you remove the drivers seat and lay on your back to reach under the dash.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Thanks guys!

I also found this:

POS, come do mine when you're done.