Thread: Exhaust

Default Exhaust

What would be a good exhaust system for a 2001 miata? I'm looking to do some bolt-on work to get this thing a little faster

Lost of choices out there... if you want dual exhaust, I would go with this one. For single tip, this one and this one are well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    if you want dual exhaust, I would go with this one.
    I loved that exhaust on my '04... really good choice.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i don't like the sound of Racing Beat. http://enthuzacar.com/ are very nice

We stock the Racing Beat exhausts at TDR. We also have several cars with them installed so you can hear before you buy.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Awesome! Where is TDR located? I would like to stop by and check it out!

Try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Miata View Post
    What would be a good exhaust system for a 2001 miata? I'm looking to do some bolt-on work to get this thing a little faster
    Don't confuse louder with faster. Mazda didn't leave much free horsepower laying around. I think you'll find it difficult to prove any significant power increase with just a muffler swap.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I think you'll find it difficult to prove any significant power increase with just a muffler swap.
    +1 ... think weight reduction if you're going to change your cat-back exhaust.

Well my plans are for intake/headers/exhaust. Just thought I would start with exhaust. But thanks everyone for input :) I will put all the advise to good use!

For the NB, the header give you the biggest gain and high flow cat is next. I had the intake and exhaust done on my 99. With that combo mod, I am hard pressed to say I gained more than 2-4 HP. Adding the header, my butt dyno tells me that I have added 5-8 HP (I have to qualify this statement, since doing this mod I eliminated one of the two CATs ... mine is a CA car). Finally, when my OEM CAT gone to heaven and adding the GW high flow CAT, the entire combo adds at least 10-15HP!
    Gabriel

I have a '01. The '01 has a stock tubular header that is desired by the owners of '99-'00's as a good replacement for their cast manifolds. Not very much to be gained from the '01 stock header to a aftermarket header. I did it anyway and went with the Jackson tri y. The only reason I did not go with the Racing Beat 4to1 was because it would not fit with my planned supercharger later. I then replaced the midpipe with the Roadster and the muffler with the Racing Beat duals. I was able to do it easily by myself and everything fit very well with out any cutting or moding except a small cutout for the 2nd exhaust pipe. I like the sound but it can be a bit dry and raspy before the car warms up fully. If there is a meet at Kellers tomorrow night I will be there and you can try mine.
    Hope this helps.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.