Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old piano disposal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Chop it up and put it in the recycling bin, it's wood and metal
    I did that with my washing machine (it was metal and plastic, both recyclable)
    So your saying we should have chopped that miata into smaller pieces and stuffed it into Titus's recycle bin?

Im actually amazed at what the Euless trash guys pick up (or rather what my neighbors put on the curb). I have put big fence posts, piles of wood, shelving, microwaves, christmas trees out there and never a problem. I have seen people put whole washing machines out there, maybe Salvation Army picked it up, but it was on a trash day and gone that morning. And my neighbors throw away about an intire garage-sale worth of medium furniture items along with 50gallon bags full of beer bottles just about every week or so with no problem.

The other places I lived in wouldn't pick up anything over a couple feet tall and over 20 lbs. I have some more old metal shelving, some metal studs and a huge piece of lattus that i'll be putting out there sunday just to see if they'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Put a sign in front of your house that says, Dead Piano Storage.
    Nice one, great movie
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Thanks for the tips guys the piano is GONE!!

I was just being a lazy bastard. Apparently all I had to do was put it on the CL free section...or maybe I was just lucky, some artist just happened to be looking for specifically beat up old piano for an art piece or something. He hauled it of last night. If I'd have known it was that easy i'd have done it months ago. That's what being lazy gets you.

Now I have a real garage!! I won't be worried about every big storm next spring.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12