View Poll Results: What Day are you Available??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • January 9th

3 20.00%
  • January 16th

9 60.00%
  • January 23rd

2 13.33%
  • January 30th

1 6.67%
  • I like Cheese

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Day Part II

I voted cheese. All of those days are so far out that I could make it happen.

At Cars & Coffee last weekend, William mentioned it might be cool to piggyback the dyno day off of C&C like the GT-R/Jotech crowd did a couple months ago.

We could hit up C&C as a group and then roll out at around 10am or so and caravan up to Denton. I'd be down for that. Since C&C is the last Saturday of every month, that would make it either Jan 30 or Feb 27.

So far January 16th is leading the votes!

Don't forget to vote early and often!

Rats - out of town 01/16/09.

I voted for cheese, but I'll bring the RX-8 if the date you guys pick works for me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

hmmm, wonder how the LJ would do on the rollers?

By simply pulling a lever I can almost tripple my HP and Torque. Of course its not very fast when I do that.

I like cheese too. I can probably make any date work as ATS is silly close to my house. I'll stay until the hot dogs and beer run out!

So here's what I think, whether or not it matters...January 16th should be the set date since either you like cheese or that date it seems. Plus the more options the more confusing it gets, so why can't we all just plan on the 16th. The cars and coffee thing is cool and all but I would rather it be all Miatas and if you guys want to roll in a caravan to Denton let's meet at TDR at a certain time and head out on a planned route that way we can add people as we go.
    Now if someone can find the guy with the supercharger for sale and get him to contact me...
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Quote Originally Posted by 2004Busa View Post
    Now if someone can find the guy with the supercharger for sale and get him to contact me...
    Then PM him, email him, call him, or go see him. All his contact info is on his website.

Damn, you are the master of the interwebz. I did PM him earlier...
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Sorry just reading acouple posts above me...
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

I had one of the Mods kick out February as an option since January seem to be preferred by most.

Looks like they kicked out the important cheese vote so don't forget to vote early and often!

I'm in if AJ can fix my suspension and harness problem before than!
    Gabriel

Maybe I should put 18psi through the car and put down some real #'s. lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Three-digit power numbers are always a welcome addition...especially when the first digit is higher than 1.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Maybe this is the kick in the ass I need to get that '99 head bolted on... and maybe even a header.

January's open for me so far. I'm down for whenever.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

WOW, I wish I were not stuck here at Madigan AMC in Washington. I would love to see exactly what my baby can put down on a set of rollers. Maybe next time.
    2006 Limited Edition, Ohlin's DFV, Cosworth, Full RS exhaust w/ Q muffler, RP-F1 w/ Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/40ZR17, Goodwin double hoop roll bar w/ removable rear brace, Mazdaspeed Front bumper cover, AEM AFR, AEM water/methanol injection, (Cosworth built 2.0L w/ all forged internals and head and cams on its way). Permagrin fully intact.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Maybe this is the kick in the ass I need to get that '99 head bolted on... and maybe even a header.
    Yeah, Rick, let's get that new head on there and see whatcha got!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

I don't mean to brag or scare anyone away, but my 100% stock (at the time) 1.6 did have an incredible showing.

I got a gift card for having the lowest horsepower.

Note that this dyno shows about 10% lower than others, so once you factor that in plus the power loss in the drivetrain, then I was about at factory levels. I expect to have a little more, now, but I would not be surprised to be one of the lowest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I don't mean to brag or scare anyone away, but my 100% stock (at the time) 1.6 did have an incredible showing.

I got a gift card for having the lowest horsepower.

Note that this dyno shows about 10% lower than others, so once you factor that in plus the power loss in the drivetrain, then I was about at factory levels. I expect to have a little more, now, but I would not be surprised to be one of the lowest.
    For reference, I had my 1.6 dynoed at ATS pre-FI.. With just a timing bump, a K&N panel filter, and a Racing Beat Cat-back, it came in at 94.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    For reference, I had my 1.6 dynoed at ATS pre-FI.. With just a timing bump, a K&N panel filter, and a Racing Beat Cat-back, it came in at 94.5.
    Mine had an FM cat and borla and 213k miles and returned a 98.? also at ATS. And also pre FI.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast