Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Texas Miata Challenge

I'll try to make one of the later events...I'll probably be running in GTS1 in my miata in April @ TWS...but I'd like to make an event at another track to run with the miatas :)

Any chance of you guys coming down to MSR again for a non nasa event?
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

I'd like to get back down there when the temps rise a bit to see if I'm worth my salt or full of excuses. That track is awesome fun.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Wow. That's the first overly positive review I've ever heard of MSR Houston.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I' That track is awesome fun.
    The adrenaline hasn't worn off...his judgment is clouded.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    I liked just about every corner of that track, especially the carousel. Maybe if you drove in a faster car out there you'd appreciate it more. Unfortunately a few people just let me know that I'm a really bad driver and that I should be ashamed of my lap times so I'm not running with these idiots anymore, lol!!!!
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 02-01-2010 at 02:03 PM.

So flat can = fun. Who knew? And where'd you get the truck and trailer? Congrats on 3rd.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with you on this.

However, they did run the opposite direction that we did. So maybe it was more fun going CCW ::shrugs::
    Blah blah blah!

I liked just about every corner of that track, especially the carousel. Maybe if you drove in a faster car out there you'd appreciate it more. Unfortunately a few people just let me know that I'm a really bad driver and that I should be ashamed of my lap times so I'm not running with these idiots anymore, lol!!!!
    Sounds like you're ready for ovals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    So flat can = fun. Who knew? And where'd you get the truck and trailer? Congrats on 3rd.
    I'll look at my MaxQ file when I get home and see if anything is worthy of discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Wow. That's the first overly positive review I've ever heard of MSR Houston.
    +1
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

The track isn't horrible, but I wouldn't rank it anywhere near MSR-C or Hallett. In fact, I'd rank it slightly below ECR. Those are my reference points. Well, that and the Nurburgring, but that's sooo far off the charts...
    However, Harris Hill in Austin looks like it has potential to be great.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

I was really being sarcastic, with all the autoxers on here, I figured fun and flat would get a comment or 2. I've never been to MSR-h.

You guys did hear/read about this right. One pic on the previous page and looks like video is up now, but I can't see it here.

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/sho...148#post471148
    Last edited by Sharpie; 02-01-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Great job to both Hustler and Wags.......I imagine it was mucho fun even if some people don't like the track.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR750 View Post
    Great job to both Hustler and Wags.......I imagine it was mucho fun even if some people don't like the track.
    thanks. I know I've only run 3 sessions out there, and it was really cold but I want to be well-under the SM lap record and should have been. I think its time for some proper, intense instruction.

I don't see what there isn't to love about this track, the carousel has an awesome set-up and its long enough that you can calculate max-grip on exit, there's an awesome compromise braking corner into Diamond, I was entering the sweeper at 100mph over 1-g, the bus stop and the keyhole look similar on paper but are wildly different, the launch is very trick on track out, gut check is fast and scary, braking into sugar and spice is super tricky and fun to square off and eat-up curbing, and the exit into the front-straight is super fast and fun to drift. Ina 250whp car, this track is lots and lots of fun.

Some video. Looks like the course is more fun CCW and BRG, err Hustler, did pretty good IMO considering track time and temps.

Some photos from the track photographer.

I've just realized that I either have to pull 200lb out of my car to be competitive, or learn to deal with slowness. I still like driving the green car on the street though.

I've just realized that I either have to pull 200lb out of my car to be competitive, or learn to deal with slowness. I still like driving the green car on the street though.
    Save your creative juices for building the car. Use this:

http://turnzero.com/technical_resour...cuse_generator

This will make things easier for you. BTW, hurry up and put those fancy brakes on!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Save your creative juices for building the car. Use this:

http://turnzero.com/technical_resour...cuse_generator

This will make things easier for you. BTW, hurry up and put those fancy brakes on!
    I had ghonnerhea.

The brakes will go in for this weekend.

next round of Tx miata challenge is 3wks. away! registration is open for the nasa tx event at msr cresson. i hope to see the mod and especially unlimited class cars beating the spec miata record at this track. there's a whole bunch of miata track drivers up in the dallas area so i expect you guys to be there. jeff man? we missed you at the last event! lol... hope i can learn something from you guys as i've only been to that track once early last year.
    here's the registration and track links:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event

http://www.motorsportranch.com/1.7-road-course.cfm

remember, you must register 7 days before the event or it's $50 more online or at the track on the day of the event.

also, the miata challenge is sat. march 13th only, but the nasa event is a 2 day event, so if your traveling a long distance, (like i am) make a weekend of it and get an extra day of seat time. it might pay off since there may be a day added to the challenge schedule at the end of the year at this track! hopefully. see you guys at the track!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast