Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Texas Miata Challenge

Out, NASA national office told me there's no roll bar exception for the NC.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Out, NASA national office told me there's no roll bar exception for the NC.
    They don't recognize the factory roll bar?
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    They don't recognize the factory roll bar?
    Nope
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Guess I'm out too then. I thought I had a shot at street class too. Unless he ^ was in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Guess I'm out too then. I thought I had a shot at street class too. Unless he ^ was in it too.
    You were going to run a NASA event, or the miata challenge?
    Blah blah blah!

Miata challenge. But it's held at NASA events so I thought the rules were the same.

Miata challenge. But it's held at NASA events so I thought the rules were the same.
    Yep, these are NASA events so you have to follow NASA rules.

I was hoping to run the NC on 255 star specs as it would be topped out in MC street class and TTE.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Yep, these are NASA events so you have to follow NASA rules.

I was hoping to run the NC on 255 star specs as it would be topped out in MC street class and TTE.
    Stop being such a and buy that car a roll bar.

I don't wanna cut my interior up and lose my two cubby spaces for a bar just yet. It's still my DD first.

I don't wanna cut my interior up and lose my two cubby spaces for a bar just yet. It's still my DD first.
    Don't make me repeat myself!

i think you need a bar for time trial. (even though my buddy has run tt without one) but you guys can definately participate if you register for hpde. de4 is basically open passing like tt with fast cars and drivers running comp. school, and getting seat time before going into wheel to wheel. that's why you see spec miata's and amer. iron cars out there without decals but full cages and such. hpde 3 and 4 run on track at the same time. so if you guys wanna run, you can run. but like i stated in the challenge rules, you can't run the whole season without a bar, even though nasa will let you, i think if you plan on running the whole or most of the challenge, there's no reeason why you can't have one within 2-3 events max. i really wanna see what a nc can do. we had threats of them running at the last event, but they all flaked. please show up.

another issue is that msr-c is a potential sponsors home track. gauranteed they will be watching for challenge attendance. i spoke with them awile ago and it was agreed that we would see what kinf of particiaption we received. if we get a good turnout it could mean contingency prizes per event, and great season championship prizes! like, really awesome, valuable prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    i think you need a bar for time trial. (even though my buddy has run tt without one) but you guys can definately participate if you register for hpde. de4 is basically open passing like tt with fast cars and drivers running comp. school, and getting seat time before going into wheel to wheel. that's why you see spec miata's and amer. iron cars out there without decals but full cages and such. hpde 3 and 4 run on track at the same time. so if you guys wanna run, you can run. but like i stated in the challenge rules, you can't run the whole season without a bar, even though nasa will let you, i think if you plan on running the whole or most of the challenge, there's no reeason why you can't have one within 2-3 events max. i really wanna see what a nc can do. we had threats of them running at the last event, but they all flaked. please show up.
    You guys need to read your rule books a little more carefully. Guess I'm used to it, running with SCCA for a long time. Rules are rules.

From NASA TT rules:

10.1 Car Preparation, Technical Inspection, and Logbooks
    All cars must meet the safety and car preparation standards specified at Section 11 of the NASA
    CCR. All convertibles must meet the roll bar specifications contained in the CCR for HPDE
    participation.

From the NASA CCR:

11.4.7 Roll Bars
    All open cars should have a roll bar installed to help protect the occupant(s) from injury
    during a roll-over. The roll bar should be able to withstand the compressional forces
    involved in supporting the full weight of the car. The roll bar’s main hoop should extend
    the full width of the car (except certain cars that have been approved by NASA).

I emailed the head honcho of NASA TT Texas and was directed to the national office. They replied to my email saying that the NC was not on the exclusion list for open top cars. Note that the NASA CCR covers both TT and HPDE so if there were NCs out on course without an aftermarket bar then somebody dropped the ball at that NASA event.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

My bar may be in the car by the time of this event (fingers crossed)

Looking coward to the event

Quote Originally Posted by NC Eunos View Post
    My bar may be in the car by the time of this event (fingers crossed)

Looking coward to the event
    Don't be scared, Miatamoto and I aren't runnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    next round of Tx miata challenge is 3wks. away! registration is open for the nasa tx event at msr cresson. i hope to see the mod and especially unlimited class cars beating the spec miata record at this track. there's a whole bunch of miata track drivers up in the dallas area so i expect you guys to be there. jeff man? we missed you at the last event! lol... hope i can learn something from you guys as i've only been to that track once early last year.
    here's the registration and track links:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event

http://www.motorsportranch.com/1.7-road-course.cfm

remember, you must register 7 days before the event or it's $50 more online or at the track on the day of the event.

also, the miata challenge is sat. march 13th only, but the nasa event is a 2 day event, so if your traveling a long distance, (like i am) make a weekend of it and get an extra day of seat time. it might pay off since there may be a day added to the challenge schedule at the end of the year at this track! hopefully. see you guys at the track!
    I like to come out and support your cause. I've never run NASA HPDE, so will they stick me in HPDE1? Can I just register for HPDE3? I guess I'll call and find out. I'm guessing I'd be unlimited: MMP62, Flex, sways, r-comp..

H2R got my blood up for more...need another fix...
    sounds like fun
    SA

Damn, the double hoop bar that Geezer and I have isn't legal per the rules, nevermind that it's beefier than GWR's single hoop bar. Oh well, it's good enough for Chrono X.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Damn, the double hoop bar that Geezer and I have isn't legal per the rules, nevermind that it's beefier than GWR's single hoop bar. Oh well, it's good enough for Chrono X.
    Yeah screw NASA. If I ever do upgrade my bar it would be the GWR double hoop because it's the only one tall enough to clear my helmet. Besides, the single horizontal bar blocks my rear view mirror for spotting police helicopters.

I prefer the double hoop b/c it retains the one-handed lifting operation of the top. Having owned a single hoop on my last Miata, I can appreciate what a PITA top raising can be w/ a single hoop. My NC still has to do double duty as a track and street car, so stuff like that is important.

Yeah screw NASA. If I ever do upgrade my bar it would be the GWR double hoop because it's the only one tall enough to clear my helmet. Besides, the single horizontal bar blocks my rear view mirror for spotting police helicopters.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    I like to come out and support your cause. I've never run NASA HPDE, so will they stick me in HPDE1? Can I just register for HPDE3? I guess I'll call and find out. I'm guessing I'd be unlimited: MMP62, Flex, sways, r-comp..

sounds like fun
    SA
    You're fine in HPDE3 if you can survive the Friday at Miatas at Hallett. The DFW Miata track crew don't coddle each other.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post

sounds like fun
    SA
    it's not like a small hpde only type deal like tdr or something. they won't "stick you" in any class. when you register, sign up for hpde3 and you'll be in hpde3. there is a space where you enter your previous experience. if you have more than 5 hpde/time trials, they won't even question it. if you want an instructor, you'll have to ask for one. they don't have time to babysit, so if you say you have enough experience, they will believe you. obviously, if your a total newb and lie about it, it'll be clearly obvious too all the track officials, you'll be blk. flagged, get a check ride and demoted to de1/2. and please don't post a page from the ccr. i'm telling you this from experience with atleast 25 friends and aquiantences that i have taken to their first nasa event since 2006.

you will have a blast, and see some badass shit if you've never gone to actual raceday/trackday

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast