Thread: MSR 1.7 Clockwise

Default MSR 1.7 Clockwise

Went out with the Nvr-e-nuf group yesterday. Running the 1.7 clockwise is a very different track. It took me a while but eventually figured it out. The biggist problem was staying out of the way of all the very fast cars. The weather was great and an unexpected day at the track was a Christmas treat.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Driver

I prefer MSR CW to CCW actually...

CW or CCW, I don't care I really like MSR.

Going CW I leave time going into Ricochet. The uphill is tough to nail with max speed.
    M3 is always the answer.

Driver

turn in earlier. oh... you need awd for that

1.7 CW is alot more fun, imo. I've really been wanting to run it again with my own car.

It's too bad that the 1.3 is so dangerous CW. i really want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    1.7 CW is alot more fun, imo. I've really been wanting to run it again with my own car.
    Yeah, CW blows away CCW. Loading up for 11-seconds in the triple-apex is awesome.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

The 1.3 is awesome CW, but I can see why the track isn't open to the public in that configuration. It's really tricky coming out of the toilet bowl in that direction.

I'm with Ken on MSR - 1.7 CW, 1.7 CCW, 1.3 CCW, 3.1... I don't really care, I just prefer MSR to ECR in general.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

can anyone in cahoots with jack pitch the idea of the $150 track days like ECR does? no lead follows though. Lead follows suck.

I doubt that will ever happen. Apex is based at MSR, and it would impact Apex's business. It would also further impact track availability for the members, and that isn't going to happen.

FYI - Apex is only $175 for advanced students. Something tells me you can cough up an extra $25, Mr. Corn Gas. Besides, Apex offers much better organized events, imho. I instruct for both Apex and ECR, and I'd much rather run at Apex as a student.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Oh, and you can go off at 80+mph and coast for about 200' in buzzard neck and live to tell about it. I recomend a roll of charminfor this activity.

Running the 1.3 CW was a kick. But I can see how dangerous it would be.
    M3 is always the answer.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post

FYI - Apex is only $175 for advanced students. Something tells me you can cough up an extra $25, Mr. Corn Gas. Besides, Apex offers much better organized events, imho. I instruct for both Apex and ECR, and I'd much rather run at Apex as a student.
    I'm still in blue

Apex runs a damn good event, 2nd only to a day at Hallett in my opinion. Its also nice to pull a competitive American Iron driver into the car and learn something. Mason and Derrin have taught me a lot over the years.