Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Winter Autocross #1, 1/17/2010, Pennington Field

Still debating on coming, would like to watch the Cowboys game. Thinking the morning session would be over by 12:15 ish given the number of drivers? Also $30 bucks for four 40 second runs is kind of steep, I think that works out to $690.00 per hour. At those rates you could probably frequent the type of establishments that jrj512 likes hanging out at.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

65 degrees and partly cloudy on Sunday. Sorry I can't make it! Stupid work!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Still debating on coming, would like to watch the Cowboys game. Thinking the morning session would be over by 12:15 ish given the number of drivers? Also $30 bucks for four 40 second runs is kind of steep, I think that works out to $690.00 per hour. At those rates you could probably frequent the type of establishments that jrj512 likes hanging out at.
    You should stay home.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    You should stay home.
    +1
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    65 degrees and partly cloudy on Sunday. Sorry I can't make it! Stupid work!
    "You should stay home.", too

Chassis Designer

Talking

If you skip out the 2nd half of the event and only take your AM runs, that's your problem.

Somehow I doubt you'll be pulling runs in 40 seconds, but hey I could be wrong. If so, good for you.

$30 / 8 runs x 1 min each = a measly $225 an hour. I get more than that from JJ, so I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    If you skip out the 2nd half of the event and only take your AM runs, that's your problem.

Somehow I doubt you'll be pulling runs in 40 seconds, but hey I could be wrong. If so, good for you.

$30 / 8 runs x 1 min each = a measly $225 an hour. I get more than that from JJ, so I don't see the problem.
    How long do you think a course should be at PMS in a Lotus on R comps? Not everyone drives a Saturn SUV. Just about everything else should be able to run a course in well under a minute there judging from past results.

http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/2009_0321.htm

http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/2009_1122.htm
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 01-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

You should stay home.
    Just for that I just registered and am showing up.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 01-15-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

In in the last minute. See you guys there
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

ELE people ELE

Just for that I just registered and am showing up.
    Big hug for you.
    M3 is always the answer.

Big hug for you.
    You promise?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    ELE people ELE

Great event today, really liked the two track format. My personal favorite, as if anyone really cares , was the first track. But I got almost exactly the same time on both courses so its a matter of opinion.

Perfect weather, little suntan in January, and I am ready for the next winter event. Still chasing Davidss in his CRX, but with my new clutch that I need to install things may be a bit different..................(insert favorite excuse here)

Sign me up for the next winter event.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

That was a fun event! Great courses, perfect weather, good people... Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    That was a fun event! Great courses, perfect weather, good people... Thanks to everyone who made it happen!
    +1. while my driving was quite unremarkable, the day was great and the course was fun. Best January ax I've evar attended! Good times!
    SA

That was a lot of fun! Great courses, great weather, and great competition. Kudos to Jerrett for all the hard work he did to make this event such a success. Definitely a nice way to start the 2010 season.

Glad I didn't skip the afternoon runs to watch the Cowboys choke.

One other thing I do have to say (even though I shouldn't have to)...

PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!

Long after almost everyone else had left, Thomas and I walked around the paddock and picked up all the garbage YOU left behind. If we trash the place, we won't be invited back. More importantly, I'm not your mother. So next time, please pick up your f***ing garbage. Thank you.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Ditto on a great event today. I really liked the two track format. unlike Brad I think I liked the afternoon course better than the morning course but both were definitely a lot of fun.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

I really enjoyed the event. Unlike Ian, I truly wish I had stayed for the afternoon runs, instead of coming home to the pregnant wife and the Cowboys choke-a-thon. JRJ really came-through on this one. Hope there are enough timing lights for the next winter event!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I really enjoyed driving Jim's RX-8. It would be great to drive one in STX.

Good times.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast