Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Time Trials Events in January/February

Default Texas Time Trials Events in January/February

If anyone is interested I'm putting on another time trial at mineral wells on Sunday January 24th (weather permitting). And if there is enough interest then we will put on another event on February 6th (weather permitting).

Most of you know how these event work but for those that don't, this is a time trial not an autocross. Think of it like a timed road course event except on a super-massive parking lot. Speeds will be higher and the course is faster and open than any autocross. You will get a TON of seat time with zero corner working. The entry fee also includes free lunch and water! One new change for this year is that we will be running more permanent fixed courses. These will be the same from event to event so if you go to one event, make some changes to your car, and then come to another event you can compare the times to see improvement.

We also have just finished a new course for this year. When we designed it we wanted to build something that raises the bar for course design. We wanted something that would incorporate many of the elements of a real road course, something that was intimidating and scary, and it had to be just as fun to drive in a Miata as a Z06. We went out this past Sunday to set the course up for the first time, and we ended up spending all day working on it until everything was perfect. I don't want to say too much myself, hopefully some of the other guys who have driven it will chime in. But I can say that this course is incredibly challenging, and it isn't something you can master in one day!

I can guarantee these time trials are the most fun events you will ever go to! We have a very low entry cap which means you get a ton of seat time with no working! This event is capped at less than 20 people, and it will fill up so don't wait till the last minute to register. Spots are first come first served! Previous autocross or track experience is required.

For more info, pics/videos of previous events, or to register head over to my site at:
    www.texastimetrials.com
    Last edited by Davidss; 01-29-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Ok sign up soon if you want to get in! We only have 2 spots left in the morning session and 3 in the afternoon!

If you haven't come out to a TTT event yet, you should really come check it out. They are a lot of fun. You'll get tons of seat time and we should have a pretty awesome course for this one.

Oh, and it's been mentioned before, but one of the great things is NO CORNER WORKING!

The course we made for the year, really is very good with at least two 90 mph sections, good chicanes, and a few technical sections that together make the course exciting and fun, but it is still safer the the Porsche time trials courses because some of us have had a problem with that

Anyone in the East side of town want a co-driver for this?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

You should just bring out one of your cars, Mineral Wells really does not eat up tires that badly at these events, at least I know that is the case on the GTI. It is just not that many tight sections for you to really scrub off rubber.
    Plus as it is not an autocross and you have so many laps, there is nothing saying you have to drive so hard to where you even risk hitting any cones.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    You should just bring out one of your cars, Mineral Wells really does not eat up tires that badly at these events, at least I know that is the case on the GTI. It is just not that many tight sections for you to really scrub off rubber.
    Plus as it is not an autocross and you have so many laps, there is nothing saying you have to drive so hard to where you even risk hitting any cones.
    S2000 is on all seasons and I'm too lazy/hate sitting in the Elise for 3 hours driving there and back :) I'm deaf and partially paralyzed after the trip. I did run one of their courses at a BMW autocross last season and it was a blast, got up to the top of 4th gear down the back stretch.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I would be interested in an event on the 7th. I can't make it this weekend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    Oh, and it's been mentioned before, but one of the great things is NO CORNER WORKING!
    here, here

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I would be interested in an event on the 7th. I can't make it this weekend.

ditto
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    S2000 is on all seasons and I'm too lazy/hate sitting in the Elise for 3 hours driving there and back :) I'm deaf and partially paralyzed after the trip. I did run one of their courses at a BMW autocross last season and it was a blast, got up to the top of 4th gear down the back stretch.
    Some decent sound isolating earplugs/in ear headphones will fix part of your problem. I use them in my convertible sometimes to quite it down. Can't help you on the ergonomics.

I will be there for the afternoon run.

At this point the 7th is out, that day is the superbowl. So I'm looking at doing the 6th.

6th works for me. Didn't realize the 7th was the superbowl.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So at the last event we were talking about a NASCAR video on the Onion and a few people hadn't seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2OcW_Hwkg

6th good for me too
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Interested in this Sunday. PM sent
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Ok February 6th is official. We are also going to be doing a test and tune on March 25th.

Now I just need to get the CRX put back together for this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Some decent sound isolating earplugs/in ear headphones will fix part of your problem. I use them in my convertible sometimes to quite it down. Can't help you on the ergonomics.

I will be there for the afternoon run.
    Yeah I have some Ultimate Ears Super fi 5 Pros which do help. Mostly I'm just lazy
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Ok February 6th is official. We are also going to be doing a test and tune on March 25th.

Now I just need to get the CRX put back together for this weekend!

I don't think that's a legal weight reduction technique.
    Iain

Results for 1/24 have been posted at texastimetrials.com
    DFL.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast