Thread: Miata Boss Frog Standard Clearview Roll Bar

Default Miata Boss Frog Standard Clearview Roll Bar

SOLD

Miata Boss Frog Clearview Roll Bar comes with all brackets and hardware. Will fit 90-97 models. New one is about $500 plus shipping. $330 picked up in Fort Worth.

Here is more info:

The Boss Frog Clearview Maxx combines the best of both worlds - the height and strength of a real SCCA compliant rollbar, with the maximum recline angle of non-compliant style bars. Now you can truly recline the seat all the way back, and still have the rollbar pass tech inspection at the track! In fact, the additional recline room not only makes it more comfortable for taller people to drive, but also lowers the overall height of your helmet due to the additional recline angle. Why settle for SCCA compliant OR full recline, when you can get BOTH with a Boss Frog Maxx!

The innovative ClearView Maxx double diagonal Single Hoop rollbar has spaced diagonals for an unobstructed view through the rearview mirror. The Clearview Maxx is made of the highest quality 1-3/4" x 1/8" wall DOM tubing, with heavy 7 gauge laser cut flat parts. Each rollbar is manufactured in a precision welding fixture to assure the absolute best fit in your car. TIG welding is utilized for all tubing joints, to provide a higher strength but yet smaller weld joint, and the highest quality finished appearance.

NOTE: The Maxx design will NOT fit under a hardtop. The original Clearview rollbar design is still available, and fits under hardtops (and soft tops). Hardtop owners should select the Clearview Standard rollbars.

The ClearView Maxx is available in four finishes: Black powdercoat - after manufacturing, the rollbars are shot-blasted to remove any mill scale from the steel, then they go through a 7-step cleaning process, then a 60% gloss powder is electrostatically applied and baked at over 400 degrees to get a hard durable finish. Polished Stainless - high quality 304 stainless tubing and flat parts are hand polished to a shiny finish. Silver Powdercoat - a silver color with a clearcoat finish, which gives a shiny gloss. Not as nice as chrome or stainless, but lots cheaper. Unfinished - the color and finish of the rollbar is completely up to you.

One key to the Clearview Maxx's strength is the rear brace foot. The foot is a formed triangle, which provides lateral support to the vertical hoop brace. Other manufacturers weld a flat plate on the brace tube, which gives no structural support at all to the brace. In rollover testing per SCCA guidelines, this rear brace foot helped support the vertical brace tube, passing the testing with almost no deflection.

Last edited by artur1976; 01-23-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

PM sent

Sorry, but that is not a Harddog rollbar. It looks like a Boss Frog clearview to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Sorry, but that is not a Harddog rollbar. It looks like a Boss Frog clearview to me.
    I think your right. It looks more like the Boss Frog Clearview bar. I Looked on harddog site and they look almost the same.

http://www.gomiata.com/singlehoop.html

Can a mod change the title to Boss Frog Max Clearview Roll Bar.

Yep... that rear support brace is a dead givaway.

Interested, sending you a PM
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Blog Entries

I have a Clearview and you can actually use the rear view mirror. Excellent quality and finish.
    Like the post says, the max will not fit under a hardtop. I don't see the seat belt adapters that come as standard equipment on the later models. You will need them if you plan to use the factory belts but they are available from Boss Frog. They also make a harness bar for this roll bar.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I do have the seat belt adapters and those are included. Like Creek said this roll bar will not fit under a hardtop.

Sold.
    Last edited by artur1976; 01-23-2010 at 06:46 PM.