Thread: WTB Miata Suspension for a Senior Design

Default WTB Miata Suspension for a Senior Design

How's it going,

Haven't been out to a meet in a long time, busy school/work schedule kills any free time.

I'm looking for your junk. Err, I mean any suspension parts you can spare to go toward my senior design project. Our group is building an off-road electric powered vehicle designed for people with disabilities. Specifically with full lower body disability. We're working with a organization called "turning point nation".

The batteries we initially were going to use are on backorder in china right now, so we have to buy locally to meet an april deadline. This basically eliminates the rest of our budget. So instead of using new suspension designed for atv's I thought I might be able to save some money by buying or having donated to me, miata suspension.

Ideally I'd like to have an entire suspension set up from the arms to the hubs so all I have to do is mount the control arms and weld on a plate for the shock mount (plus connecting the steering in the front). That way, I know the geometry works and the system is fairly stable.

We do have some budget for parts, so I could purchase them from you. However we're coming out of pocket for everything and have to wait about 30 to 45 days to be reimbursed. Most of the groups spare cash has gone in to about 3k worth of batteries.

If you have anything to donate I'd really appreciate it. If you want, we could stencil your name somewhere on the vehicle and include you on the list of sponsors. I think I could write you a receipt for donations which would count toward your taxes as long as the total is less than 5k.

If you have some parts that you would want to sale, I'd be interested too, but I really don't want to have to spend too much. If I have to, I will though.

Please PM me what you have, and how much it'll take to get you to part with it. No parts are too dirty or junky. I'll spend plenty of time cleaning and repainting everything.

Thank You,
    -mk

Oh, last time I put a thread up no one could pm me. If you can't pm me, post and I'll give you my email or something.

You don't have to worry about shipping, I'll drive out to a meet or to your location to pick anything up.

If nothing comes up, you might see if Mazda Heaven would give/sell cheap from some of its badly-smashed Miatas, since the parts might work for you when they wouldn't be any good for selling.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Chassis Designer

PM sent